Sign in to follow this  
Husns

Wait list experience

Hi all,

I'm looking to hear from someone whose been on several wait lists. I was rejected by U of T and UBC (unsurprisingly). I'm currently on the wait list for Osgoode and Western. I'm waiting to hear from Queen's and McGill where I expect to be wait listed as well. Last year, I applied to the same schools and I was rejected everywhere except for Queen's where I was waitlisted. I have since made improvements to my grades, LSAT, and professional experience. I guess my question is what do you do when you're on 3 or 4 waitlists? Do you start preparing for the next cycle? I'm looking for some advice on how to handle the situation and move forward positively. 

Thanks!

It’s not over until it’s over! I had applied to one law school and remained on their wait list for 5 months, only to be accepted during orientation week. I did begin to prepare for the next cycle near the end of the summer. My advice would be to do the same - prepare yourself whether that be studying to increase your LSAT, volunteering, and/or work on PS (just in case) :) I sent a letter of continued interest near the end of the summer, as well. All the best! 

• Like 1