Sign in to follow this  
app145

Chances [3.0 CPGA, 3.3 B2, 174 AVG LSAT PT]

What are my chances at Canadian (ideally Ontario law schools) 

I just graduated from Western and had pretty bad marks in my earlier years. 

1st - 69 

2nd - 70 

3rd - 76 

4th - 82 (Deans list) 

I started seeing a psychiatrist after my second year who had me tested and diagnosed with severe ADHD, I started taking medication and seeing her about once a month which explains the increase in grades. I also didn't use any academic accommodation (extra time, computer privileges etc.) to make sure I would be able to succeed without them on the LSAT and in law school (if i get in). 

I havent written my LSAT yet (registered for the July) but have been studying for about 1 month and they have really turned out to be my strong suit. I have done about 6 full online proctored practice tests and have been averaging a 174 on them. 

I know my grades are really going to bring me down, was wondering if anyone had an insight on what my chances are looking like or any ways to increase my chances. 

13 minutes ago, app145 said:

1st - 69 

2nd - 70 

3rd - 76 

4th - 82 (Deans list) 

70 - 3.0?

76 - 3.3?

82 - 3.7?

What is your lowest LSAT testing score?

2 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

70 - 3.0?

76 - 3.3?

82 - 3.7?

What is your lowest LSAT testing score?

17 minutes ago, app145 said:

Are you sure your L2/B2 is only 3.3? Looks like it should be higher.

You will have good chances for Western and Queens in Access category.

With a high LSAT score you may also have chances for UofT, Osgoode and Ottawa.

Don't know about Windsor, Lakehead and Ryerson though.

I suggest you apply to Alberta, Calgary, DAL, UNB, UVic and UBC as well.

For UBC:

http://lsutil.azurewebsites.net/UBC/Predict

Edited by NeverGiveUp
  • Like 1

Others definitely have more experience and knowledge on this topic but with a 170+ and those grades i say youre bound to get in somewhere, if not at a very good school. Of course the cGPA may be a negative factor but with an upward trend and that LSAT you would probably be a pretty attractive candidate for a lot of Ontario schools. In addition, if you are going to mention the diagnosis and factor that into your apps i think it will prove to be very valid reason for the trend in your grades. Take advantage of the time now and really push upwards of a 174 and i think youre golden. I wish i had something close to that LSAT score haha. 

In the current COVID-19 pandemic situation (I think it is hard to find a job due to it) I suggest you register as a non-degree student to raise your L2/B2 GPA (make sure they are not P/F though) in the coming Fall term.

Edited by NeverGiveUp

If you can get your L2 GPA to 3.5+ / 4.0 (with 170+ LSAT) you will have good chance to get into a bunch of law schools:

Western, Queens, Alberta, Calgary, UNB, TRU, USASK, Manitoba, DAL, etc.