So something interesting just happened to me. Apparently my waitlist ranking has been lowered by 2 during the past week (from 37 to 39). I just didn't think it is possible to get worse and worse on the waitlist by this point, because shouldn't the waitlist has been fixed by the end of May and it is only possible to move upwards? I mean that is just how waitlists work right? Or maybe I am just being ignorant about how law schools work with their waitlist. So I am curious if anyone has any similar experience and I would really appreciate if anyone could provide any possible explanation regarding a downward movement on the waitlist. Thank you!

When i emailed for my ranking he said specifically that not all people had been ranked yet, and that there would still be movement. I haven't emailed again to check my ranking status. Did you just reply to the same email? 

2 minutes ago, studenttt97 said:

When i emailed for my ranking he said specifically that not all people had been ranked yet, and that there would still be movement. I haven't emailed again to check my ranking status. Did you just reply to the same email? 

When did you ask? I asked may 21 and all they replied was my number. So odd!

37 minutes ago, NormanFetus said:

So something interesting just happened to me. Apparently my waitlist ranking has been lowered by 2 during the past week (from 37 to 39). I just didn't think it is possible to get worse and worse on the waitlist by this point, because shouldn't the waitlist has been fixed by the end of May and it is only possible to move upwards? I mean that is just how waitlists work right? Or maybe I am just being ignorant about how law schools work with their waitlist. So I am curious if anyone has any similar experience and I would really appreciate if anyone could provide any possible explanation regarding a downward movement on the waitlist. Thank you!

I remember seeing something on a past years waitlist thread that they had the exact same thing happen to them! Although I don’t think this is a norm... did you email a couple weeks ago and then again today?

I also asked on the 21st, and was told my ranking and that they were still evaluating some files, so rankings may not be final. I'm not sure when to ask again...

9 hours ago, lawskoolhopeful said:

I remember seeing something on a past years waitlist thread that they had the exact same thing happen to them! Although I don’t think this is a norm... did you email a couple weeks ago and then again today?

Yes, I emailed them 2 weeks ago and again yesterday. Because I am quite anxious, I think these emails are going to be a weekly Monday ritual from now on

10 hours ago, studenttt97 said:

I guess you could just reply to the same email, but I started a new one. I don't think there is going to be any difference tho

8 hours ago, studenttt97 said:

I also asked on the 21st, and was told my ranking and that they were still evaluating some files, so rankings may not be final. I'm not sure when to ask again...

I understand they were still evaluating back on the 21st, so there would still be movements on the waitlist since it was not fixed. But it just surprised me even now there can still be downward movements after they have given so many of us a specific ranking. It's just not how I would normally expect a waitlist to work

5 hours ago, NormanFetus said:

Yes, I emailed them 2 weeks ago and again yesterday. Because I am quite anxious, I think these emails are going to be a weekly Monday ritual from now on

Hm ok! I’ll probably send an email tomorrow asking for an update and I’ll let you know if any movement (either way) has been made.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lawskoolhopeful said:

anyone have any updates?

I would expect that any waitlist movement would begin tomorrow, since those accepted have all day today to still decline their offer and receive a refund.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, dwight453 said:

I would expect that any waitlist movement would begin tomorrow, since those accepted have all day today to still decline their offer and receive a refund.

Very true!! Fingers crossed for some movement! 

I asked for my ranking today and was told it had not changed, and the waitlist has not moved.

On 6/18/2020 at 5:28 PM, Vadoet said:

I asked for my ranking today and was told it had not changed, and the waitlist has not moved.

That’s disappointing to hear. I’m starting to think that there will be very minimal movement this year 😕

17 minutes ago, dwight453 said:

That’s disappointing to hear. I’m starting to think that there will be very minimal movement this year 😕

Yeah I emailed last week and my initial rank in the 20s had moved 2 spots backwards - seems like this has happened a couple people. Not the type of movement we need haha 

FYI the 1L ambassadors told us last week that the class is full and pretty much finalized, so if you guys have other acceptances I'd suggest not to wait on UBC.

• Like 2

The class of 2023 facebook group is at 204 members, I'm sure a few of those members are the 1L ambassadors. I was speaking with a member of the faculty today, and she said that students can withdraw or apply for deferral at anytime, even if it is past the deadline to receive a fee refund. 

With that being said, I would be surprised if anyone were to withdraw so close to September, but you never know!