Lawguy1

Haven’t heard from 4 schools...

Hey everyone, I know a lot of us are in the same boat but I don’t understand how I haven’t heard from either Queens, Ottawa, Ryerson or Osgoode yet and the June 1st deadline is in 3 days.. Is there really a major delay this year or should I be expecting rejections from all these other schools? 

My stats are decent, I am just a bit confused. 

I guess i’ll just pay my deposit for the Dual. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lawguy1 said:

Hey everyone, I know a lot of us are in the same boat but I don’t understand how I haven’t heard from either Queens, Ottawa, Ryerson or Osgoode yet and the June 1st deadline is in 3 days.. Is there really a major delay this year or should I be expecting rejections from all these other schools? 

Be optimistic! For your information, I heard most decisions after April last year. For example, I was waitlisted at Osgoode in mid April, accepted to Windsor in late April, waitlisted at Western in late May, rejected from Queen's in early June, and accepted to Ottawa in mid June.

My stats were 3.78 cGPA, 157 LSAT, and an MA; I was an Access applicant.

Best of luck with your applications!!

• Like 1

I heard of someone getting accepted at Osgoode 2 hours before the firm OLSAS date last year. It’s not over until it’s over. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Lawguy1 said:

Think of it this way, if you do pay and lose out on the deposit by getting into another program you're still saving 60+ grand over the next three years

• Like 2

I'm in the same position except I haven't heard back from anywhere 😥

LSAT: 158, 165

cGPA: 3.3, B2 3.8

Decent LORs and EC's... not sure if it's because I applied later on? I wrote the November LSAT and submitted my app mid October.

23 minutes ago, cincolaw said:

Decent LORs and EC's... not sure if it's because I applied later on? I wrote the November LSAT and submitted my app mid October.

You should get in Queen's!

32 minutes ago, cincolaw said:

What is your L2??

4 hours ago, cincolaw said:

I got in with 3.36 and 163 lsat and my lsat was my fifth write lmao...maybe it's your pstatment or EC's holding you back this late? I

got into western, Ottawa, queens, Osgoode with those stats so maybe round out your application next cycle with other soft factor and im sure you'll be a shoe in. Your lsat is too good not to get in anywhere with those stats. Keep faith and remember, not getting into law school, taking a year to mature and learn more about yourself, may be the best thing in the long run. good luck. 

5 hours ago, cincolaw said:

not even wait listed?

54 minutes ago, Bboy12 said:

I got in with 3.36 and 163 lsat and my lsat was my fifth write lmao...maybe it's your pstatment or EC's holding you back this late? I

got into western, Ottawa, queens, Osgoode with those stats so maybe round out your application next cycle with other soft factor and im sure you'll be a shoe in. Your lsat is too good not to get in anywhere with those stats. Keep faith and remember, not getting into law school, taking a year to mature and learn more about yourself, may be the best thing in the long run. good luck. 

You got accepted off the waitlist for Osgoode? I saw your post saying that you were waitlisted... 

9 hours ago, Lawguy1 said:

Hang in there!!! I hope Ottawa or Queen's accepts you soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bboy12 said:

It's not that simple. I'm in same boat as OP and I have honestly no idea what the problem is. I have strong softs, an interesting job, great references, and I'm a re-applicant who hasn't heard from most of these schools. I'm genuinely angry, and not sure on what basis applicants are being evaluated. 

Just because you meet the median stats at a school doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get in, your softs are also a deciding factor.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, mimibear said:

You got accepted off the waitlist for Osgoode? I saw your post saying that you were waitlisted... 

Hang in there!!! I hope Ottawa or Queen's accepts you soon. 

Yep! I opted for Western though. 

14 minutes ago, Husns said:

It's not that simple. I'm in same boat as OP and I have honestly no idea what the problem is. I have strong softs, an interesting job, great references, and I'm a re-applicant who hasn't heard from most of these schools. I'm genuinely angry, and not sure on what basis applicants are being evaluated. 

I didn't allude to it being "that simple". I was referring to making your application more solid if you were unfortunate position to not garner admission for Fall 2020. Hence, why I pointed towards it being potentially better in the long-run, to mature as a candidate and try again next year. I've seen your posts in other threads, just relax and try not to have such an adversarial take on admissions. I know it's easy for me to say that, I've gotten in. However, I failed last cycle and have got admissions from some different schools so its definitely possible with similar or better stats than I. 

If you are genuinely angry, i' sorry you're in this predicament. However, I would advise you to channel that anger and redirect it towards  something you can control - tangible volunteer experience, re-evaluating your reference letters, getting professional experience, a masters, can all help boost your app.

OP you have you a strong LSAT to not have to consider all of the aforementioned, and you may even still receive an offer. Don't lose hope and if you fall this time around, try again. You got this! 

Edited by Bboy12
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

Just because you meet the median stats at a school doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get in, your softs are also a deciding factor.  

I think my softs are pretty intense lol. I spent 3 years over seas with a professional soccer career, executive positions on multiple clubs, research with professors etc. 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the input though! 

Hopefully I hear back from somewhere eventually! Still to hear from almost everywhere I applied too lol. 

On 5/29/2020 at 9:49 PM, Luckycharm said:

not even wait listed?

Got waitlisted at Ryerson and Windsor since. I got my 165 score in Jan so not sure if that's affecting things 

5 hours ago, cincolaw said:

Got waitlisted at Ryerson and Windsor since. I got my 165 score in Jan so not sure if that's affecting things 

What’s your L2? 

Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2020 at 3:16 PM, Sambo1261 said:

What’s your L2? 

L2 is 3.71

Edited by cincolaw

12 hours ago, cincolaw said:

L2 is 3.71

That’s really weird, with those stats you should be a lock at multiple schools.