Jump to content
stevkaprel

Retired Lawyer Offers Free Copy of Legal Memoir

Recommended Posts

I’m a retired, octogenarian lawyer and have written and produced an ebook which I think would be a worthwhile read for anyone involved with law, particularly law students, prospective law students and practicing lawyers. My motivation in writing the book was to share my experience, not financial gain.

So I’ve decided to distribute the book free of charge to target audiences.  If you would like a complimentry copy let me know in a reply or a personal message and I will make sure you get one.

I’d particularly like to receive lots of feedback, whether good or bad. I would also welcome questions or requests for advice.

Synopsis: The title of the book is New York Lawyer. During the 1980s nearly one-third of middle management employees of Fortune 500 companies lost their jobs during the period known as "merger mania."  I was one of them. Following a sixteen year career with one such company in Manhattan, at the age of 49, I found myself unemployed and "on the street" when my company was taken over by Wall Street sharks and broken up. I had been a salaried lawyer all my career but could not compete in that role given my salary expectations and competing with younger lawyers.

When I went to work for the company, it was squarely in the middle of the Fortune 500 list . The circumstances causing it to end up as a candidate for bankruptcy and target for ravenous speculators is a story all to itself. The book tells how I got there, what happened on the way and how it all ended, all wrapped up in the glamour and excitement provided by the world’s most prominent venue: New York City.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to read this and provide some feedback - please pm me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds interesting; I would read and give feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm having trouble learning how to navigate this site.  I want to use a private message 
to send the book but can't fiqure out how to do it.  Can you help me?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be interested for sure! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stevkaprel said:

I’m a retired, octogenarian lawyer and have written and produced an ebook which I think would be a worthwhile read for anyone involved with law, particularly law students, prospective law students and practicing lawyers. My motivation in writing the book was to share my experience, not financial gain.

So I’ve decided to distribute the book free of charge to target audiences.  If you would like a complimentry copy let me know in a reply or a personal message and I will make sure you get one.

I’d particularly like to receive lots of feedback, whether good or bad. I would also welcome questions or requests for advice.

Synopsis: The title of the book is New York Lawyer. During the 1980s nearly one-third of middle management employees of Fortune 500 companies lost their jobs during the period known as "merger mania."  I was one of them. Following a sixteen year career with one such company in Manhattan, at the age of 49, I found myself unemployed and "on the street" when my company was taken over by Wall Street sharks and broken up. I had been a salaried lawyer all my career but could not compete in that role given my salary expectations and competing with younger lawyers.

When I went to work for the company, it was squarely in the middle of the Fortune 500 list . The circumstances causing it to end up as a candidate for bankruptcy and target for ravenous speculators is a story all to itself. The book tells how I got there, what happened on the way and how it all ended, all wrapped up in the glamour and excitement provided by the world’s most prominent venue: New York City.

 

 

 

 

I’m interested for sure! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stevkaprel said:

I’m a retired, octogenarian lawyer and have written and produced an ebook which I think would be a worthwhile read for anyone involved with law, particularly law students, prospective law students and practicing lawyers. My motivation in writing the book was to share my experience, not financial gain.

So I’ve decided to distribute the book free of charge to target audiences.  If you would like a complimentry copy let me know in a reply or a personal message and I will make sure you get one.

I’d particularly like to receive lots of feedback, whether good or bad. I would also welcome questions or requests for advice.

Synopsis: The title of the book is New York Lawyer. During the 1980s nearly one-third of middle management employees of Fortune 500 companies lost their jobs during the period known as "merger mania."  I was one of them. Following a sixteen year career with one such company in Manhattan, at the age of 49, I found myself unemployed and "on the street" when my company was taken over by Wall Street sharks and broken up. I had been a salaried lawyer all my career but could not compete in that role given my salary expectations and competing with younger lawyers.

When I went to work for the company, it was squarely in the middle of the Fortune 500 list . The circumstances causing it to end up as a candidate for bankruptcy and target for ravenous speculators is a story all to itself. The book tells how I got there, what happened on the way and how it all ended, all wrapped up in the glamour and excitement provided by the world’s most prominent venue: New York City.

 

 

 

 

I’m interested! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stevkaprel said:


I'm having trouble learning how to navigate this site.  I want to use a private message 
to send the book but can't fiqure out how to do it.  Can you help me?
 

Hi Stephen, what you’re going to want to do is click on someone’s username in this thread. Clicking on the username will lead you to that user’s profile page. Once you’re there, click the little envelope icon somewhere near the top of the page and that will open the Private Messaging system.

Edited by student0033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, student0033 said:

Hi Stephen, what you’re going to want to do is click on someone’s username in this thread. Clicking on the username will lead you to that user’s profile page. Once you’re there, click the little envelope icon somewhere near the top of the page and that will open the Private Messaging system.

he has pmed us - just trying to figure out the best medium of sending it out. I suggested a shareable google doc in our dm's back and forth! sadly theres no attachement function. I also think he may be able to pdf and provide us with a private url? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bboy12 said:

he has pmed us - just trying to figure out the best medium of sending it out. I suggested a shareable google doc in our dm's back and forth! sadly theres no attachement function. I also think he may be able to pdf and provide us with a private url? 

Oh okay. You can upload a private pdf to www.pdfhost.io and share the link via PM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stevkaprel said:

 

So I’ve decided to distribute the book free of charge to target audiences.  If you would like a complimentry copy let me know in a reply or a personal message and I will make sure you get one.

I would love to get a copy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stevkaprel said:


I'm having trouble learning how to navigate this site.  I want to use a private message 
to send the book but can't fiqure out how to do it.  Can you help me?
 

Hi there. You won't be able to use the private messaging feature until you have a certain number of posts on the website. It's not very many, so you should see it unlock as you make a few more posts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...