Itsjcv

Under Evaluation?

Pretty ridiculous that the admission committee has admitted that the class is full and yet some students have been pending with no updates since November... 

32 minutes ago, Trying123 said:

Pretty ridiculous that the admission committee has admitted that the class is full and yet some students have been pending with no updates since November... 

It is likely that all students have been reviewed but not all files have been updated. This is apparently what happened last year (I just went back to check, a number of students had their profile updated to rejected from “Under Evaluation” in mid-July to August, well after the waitlist had been formed). 

However, I do agree that it is ridiculous that they apparently cannot update files in a reasonable amount of time, especially if a decision has been made about a candidate.

Edited by easttowest
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, easttowest said:

It is likely that all students have been reviewed but not all files have been updated. This is apparently what happened last year (there was a similar thread of candidates whose files never changed from “Under evaluation”). 

However, I do agree that it is ridiculous that they apparently cannot update files in a reasonable amount of time, especially if a decision has been made about a candidate.

So you think it's just a matter of the files being updated to rejections and waitlists at this point? Can't imagine any more direct acceptances going out if admissions says the class is full.

18 minutes ago, cmonman said:

So you think it's just a matter of the files being updated to rejections and waitlists at this point? Can't imagine any more direct acceptances going out if admissions says the class is full.

That seems likely. 

15 minutes ago, cmonman said:

Currently waitlisted, and I just read a thread from 2019 for Uottawa where they basically admitted a handful of people last year off the waitlist, and only 3 people (one of which declined their offer) from under evaluation. The rest were either put on waitlist or rejected. Although last years thread seems to suggest that it was very unorganized admin process. Frankly, I have no idea why there are so many individuals on the waitlist this year and still under evaluation. Seems like a repeat of 2019. Last years thread also suggests that not many people were accepted off the waitlist as were in 2018 (77/200+). 

lol it is officially July 10th and I've gotten no word from Ottawa (genuinely cannot believe they managed to beat their admissions decision dates from last year). Never thought I'd be ghosted by a law school but nonetheless, I've e-mailed admissions and will post if I get any response!

12 minutes ago, prelawfemme said:

lol it is officially July 10th and I've gotten no word from Ottawa (genuinely cannot believe they managed to beat their admissions decision dates from last year). Never thought I'd be ghosted by a law school but nonetheless, I've e-mailed admissions and will post if I get any response!

This is the response I got from them a few days ago I hope they’re more specific with you... 

“Thank you for contacting the Admissions' Office of the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section. 

Please note that due to the rolling nature of the Admission process, it is possible for candidates to hear back at any point in the next following weeks, when decisions will be finalized. If the candidate is put on the wait list, they may be admitted off of this at any point during the summer. 

We are doing our best to proceed with the admissions process as normal, but we receive thousands of applications each year and naturally some applicants will hear back later than others.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.”

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

lol I just got an auto-response that the admissions office has been closed for the entirety of this week - and they will be re-opening on Monday... Not sure if that helps at all but I guess that means won't hear anything today !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Curious1 said:

This is the response I got from them a few days ago I hope they’re more specific with you... 

“Thank you for contacting the Admissions' Office of the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section. 

Please note that due to the rolling nature of the Admission process, it is possible for candidates to hear back at any point in the next following weeks, when decisions will be finalized. If the candidate is put on the wait list, they may be admitted off of this at any point during the summer. 

We are doing our best to proceed with the admissions process as normal, but we receive thousands of applications each year and naturally some applicants will hear back later than others.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.”

Received that cookie cutter response as well. 

This is the second week of July.

The class is full and that is why there is a wait list. However, there should be changes among the confirmed acceptance based on previous year's experiences and I predict there will be additional offers from now till mid to late August. 

1 hour ago, prelawfemme said:

lol I just got an auto-response that the admissions office has been closed for the entirety of this week - and they will be re-opening on Monday... Not sure if that helps at all but I guess that means won't hear anything today !

Some people got rejected earlier this week.. super strange if the office was not working. 
Wtf hopefully we will hear back early next week