Itsjcv

Under Evaluation?

Is anyone still under evaluation? I emailed admissions a few weeks ago and they said my file was ready to evaluate. 

I am an international applicant (American).

13 minutes ago, Itsjcv said:

Is anyone still under evaluation? I emailed admissions a few weeks ago and they said my file was ready to evaluate. 

I had been under evaluation until I got in uOttawa law on June 18th last year.

If you have competitive stats, please do not worry about the evaluation status even though you are an international applicant.

Best of luck with your application!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After looking at last year’s threads, it seems as though a handful of applicants were kept waiting well into July and beyond. Can’t help but wonder if it’ll be the same situation this year. 

48 minutes ago, Paristheprince said:

Still waiting.... I wish I never applied at this point LOL

Lmao same here..I'm still waiting as well, access applicant. 

18 minutes ago, J98 said:

After looking at last year’s threads, it seems as though a handful of applicants were kept waiting well into July and beyond. Can’t help but wonder if it’ll be the same situation this year. 

OMG. I can't wait any longer... the admissions email said that they are trying to get us results by mid June. I hope that's true...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Paristheprince said:

OMG. I can't wait any longer... the admissions email said that they are trying to get us results by mid June. I hope that's true...

That's encouraging that they said that. But, to be honest, we should take what they say with a grain of salt. The threads I looked at from last year were filled with these poor applicants allegedly being told (by the uOttawa admissions committee) that their files would be reviewed "within the week", and then the week would come and go with no update. Hopefully the committee proves me wrong with our files this year. 

The waiting is killing me too, but it's out of our hands now. Just gotta believe that we put our best foot forward in our applications. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J98 said:

That's encouraging that they said that. But, to be honest, we should take what they say with a grain of salt. The threads I looked at from last year were filled with these poor applicants allegedly being told (by the uOttawa admissions committee) that their files would be reviewed "within the week", and then the week would come and go with no update. Hopefully the committee proves me wrong with our files this year. 

The waiting is killing me too, but it's out of our hands now. Just gotta believe that we put our best foot forward in our applications. 

I agree with you 100%. I don't think they are going to hand out any results until at least July. I am sorry for both of us because my life is literally hanging on this; I have no certainty about what I am going to do in September because of this selection process.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paristheprince said:

I agree with you 100%. I don't think they are going to hand out any results until at least July. I am sorry for both of us because my life is literally hanging on this; I have no certainty about what I am going to do in September because of this selection process.

Same here my friend. Exactly the same. Wish there was a fee of some kind we could pay that would ensure our files would be reviewed by a certain date lol--but I guess most applicants would be willing to pay such a fee! Either way, a rejection in June/July/August will sting that much more than if they did them months earlier like many other schools manage to do. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 9:23 AM, Itsjcv said:

I have been under evaluation for quite some time now. My last update was 2019-11-28. I hope we all recieve news soon. 

I emailed them a couple of days ago and they responded:

Thank you for contacting the Admissions' Office of the Faculty of Law. Common Law Section.

At the moment, your file is 'Ready to Evaluate'. Please note that due to the rolling nature of the Admission process, it is possible for candidates to hear back at any point until mid-June, when decisions will be finalized. If the candidate is put on the wait list, they may be admitted off of this at any point during the summer.

We are doing our best to proceed with the admissions process as normal, but we receive thousands of applications each year and naturally some applicants will hear back later than others.

• Like 2

I'm still waiting as well.. I kind of  take comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one clearly, but feel for all of us still waiting haha. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

1 hour ago, Isabellas said:

we receive thousands of applications each year

LOL, so does every other law school in Canada. What a cop out of an answer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Isabellas said:

I emailed them a couple of days ago and they responded:

Thank you for contacting the Admissions' Office of the Faculty of Law. Common Law Section.

At the moment, your file is 'Ready to Evaluate'. Please note that due to the rolling nature of the Admission process, it is possible for candidates to hear back at any point until mid-June, when decisions will be finalized. If the candidate is put on the wait list, they may be admitted off of this at any point during the summer.

We are doing our best to proceed with the admissions process as normal, but we receive thousands of applications each year and naturally some applicants will hear back later than others.

I could have told you that....

""If the candidate is put on the wait list, they may be admitted off of this at any point during the summer."

That could be up to Labour Day week.

Ask yourself if you can go to Ottawa with a few day's notice...

Ottawa has a history of accepting many applicants from the wait list.  They don't tell you your ranking now (I think)

but people who were ranked over 100 was admitted in previous years... because many had to decline the late offer.

4 hours ago, DukeOfJoe said:

I have been under evaluation for quite some time now. My last update was 2019-11-28. I hope we all recieve news soon. 

I was accepted on May 31. Good luck!

19 minutes ago, Itsjcv said:

I was accepted on May 31. Good luck!

Would you be comfortable sharing your stats? 

Just now, DukeOfJoe said:

Would you be comfortable sharing your stats? 

3.98 GPA, 166 LSAT 

MBA + International Student 

Personal statement was tailored for Ottawa exclusively. I apply to no other school. 

• Like 2

I'm just curious if anyone knows... have they reviewed/look at our files at this point, grouped us into reject and waitlist and are just waiting to do it all in one go? or have they actually not even seen our files yet?