Mydream123

Fall Semester Online Officially

11 hours ago, squamishgal said:

I've also heard from someone going into their third year that courses will be pass/fail so that's a bonus.

Classes were pass fail last semester partly for compassionate grounds of the massive changes in people's lives and because every other law school went pass fail. With online being the new normal and the rest of the law schools returning to grading I really do not think that TRU will do the fall semester pass fail. It would be a massive disservice to any 1L looking for an OCI job the following year. 

I just spoke to a friend going into 3L at TRU and she informed me that most events for incoming students are held by upper year students. She and most people she knows have decided to stay in their respective home cities therefore there will likely not be any events to attend/missed networking opportunities. Hopefully that helps you decide! :) 

• Like 2

My only concern is if they open for the winter - it’s going to be soooo hard to move. The coquihalla is so bad to drive in especially during that time lol! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mydream123 said:

My only concern is if they open for the winter - it’s going to be soooo hard to move. The coquihalla is so bad to drive in especially during that time lol! 

yes!! also i wonder if there will be available rentals close to campus in january

Edited by Norms
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Schooliscool said:

This blows my mind considering public schools are opening back up on Monday...

As parents start going back to work, they pretty much need public schools to open. They can't leave their kids home alone all day, especially if they're younger. Most parents also can't afford to not work and stay home with their kids all day.

I still think they're opening those schools too soon, and aren't making enough changes to mitigate infections, but I can see why there's a rush to get kids back in school.

University students should, theoretically, be mature enough to manage.

• Like 1

I live in Kelowna so I am planning on staying here with no problem to drive to Kamloops if need be :)

Hi, I am currently going into 3L come September and it is definitely not an ideal situation for any of you to be starting online. However, for those who are still planning to move to Kamloops or live not too far out I am in the loops for summer/fall myself and am willing to have a coffee/bar hangout with anyone who is interested/ feels comfortable to ask about anything. Feel free to message and let me know.   

• Like 6