Sign in to follow this  
Bubbless

Feedback Opportunity after rejection?

I was given the opportunity to have a feedback session with an admission officer once they have finalized the 2020-2021 class. Does anyone have any experience with them? What type of questions should I be asking? Is there any way I could prepare myself. I want to  make sure I am taking full advantage of this opportunity. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I would of course ask where the weakest part(s) of your application is/were, as well as their recommendations for helping to fix those areas so that you can be a stronger candidate for the next time you apply (if you’re planning to do so). 

If the LSAT was your weakest, perhaps ask if they can recommend any particular prep courses or materials that have good reputations. 

If it’s your grades, ask what the best approach is to help raise them, whether it be through summer school or retaking some courses. 

If it’s your personal statement, ask what aspects of it put off the admission officers and what you should focus on and maybe leave out when you’re rewriting it. 

If it’s extracurriculars (and I doubt that’s the case, ECs are apparently not normally weighted very heavily in the admission process, but I suppose it’s not impossible), that’s a little more tricky since ECs are very subjective in their “value” and “weight” on an application and there certainly is no guide that admissions can give you as to what activities you need in order to get in. However, if they say that it’s your experience and ECs that were lacking, I’d recommend perhaps look into joining more clubs or volunteering around to help boost that aspect of the application. 

Hope that helps! Good luck!