rio

Waitlisted 2020

Waitlisted this afternoon.

Anyone else?

Edited to add for the OP:

3.33 GPA

No LSAT

Lots of international work experience. Public sector labour relations executive.

Waitlisted this morning. 3.9/4 GPA. MSc from top UK uni, good ECs (published journal article, volunteering etc...), I would think good LoRs. Looking back at personal statement I can see why they might not like it.  Completed french interview, thought it went well.

Accepted waitlist offer but preparing for LSAT and applying other places in US T-14 and Canada next cycle.

Waitlisted today.

3.76/4 GPA (although it was a 3.71 when I applied). Just completed my BA at McGill. No LSAT. 

On 5/21/2020 at 1:19 PM, applying2020 said:

Waitlisted today.

3.76/4 GPA (although it was a 3.71 when I applied). Just completed my BA at McGill. No LSAT. 

What deadline did they give you to accept or decline the spot on the waitlist?

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, rio said:

What deadline did they give you to accept or decline the spot on the waitlist?

They gave me until June 4, although I accepted immediately

Edited by applying2020

Waitlisted this afternoon. 3.9 GPA, 153 LSAT. Good ECs including some legal and legislative work experience. Going to accept.

9 hours ago, vancouvergirl said:

Waitlisted just now. CGPA 3.7, LSAT 159, 171. 

Do you mind sharing if you were given a particular deadline date to accept/decline? 

On 6/6/2020 at 2:39 AM, LawHopeful2020 said:

Do you mind sharing if you were given a particular deadline date to accept/decline? 

June 19th

Was waitlisted on Friday! GPA 3.76, no LSAT. McGill BA with first class honours in poli sci. Lots of EC and internship experience. Accepted the waitlist offer. 

@rio Do you speak French and did you have an interview? and when did you apply? My application still says RFR

6 hours ago, adblaw2020 said:

@rio Do you speak French and did you have an interview? and when did you apply? My application still says RFR

Yes I do speak French. I applied closer to the deadline. Mature student. No interview. 

Does anyone know if you can get a French proficiency interview after being waitlisted but before being accepted? I'm on the waitlist right now and I kind of want to go portaging and camping in the mountains for a week or two but I don't know if I'll have service. So I'll be obviously pretty upset if it turns out they're expecting me to be available and I end up missing my shot at getting off the waitlist. I'm confident in my French abilities but I don't think I did a good job of highlighting it in my application so just wanted to see if anyone has gotten a French interview post-waitlist offer, please let me know!

8 hours ago, francojd said:

Does anyone know if you can get a French proficiency interview after being waitlisted but before being accepted? I'm on the waitlist right now and I kind of want to go portaging and camping in the mountains for a week or two but I don't know if I'll have service. So I'll be obviously pretty upset if it turns out they're expecting me to be available and I end up missing my shot at getting off the waitlist. I'm confident in my French abilities but I don't think I did a good job of highlighting it in my application so just wanted to see if anyone has gotten a French interview post-waitlist offer, please let me know!

Hey! Im waitlisted as well, and in my letter it said that if eventually accepted, I might have to register for classes in French and that I was "offered a place on the waitlist because we are assured of your passive bilingualism."  

The sentence seemed like it was a generic part of the letter so I'm thinking if you're waitlisted then they assume your French skills are acceptable. Maybe it was a personalized part of the letter but I really doubt it! Hope that helps :)

Posted (edited)

Finally WL'd today. Even if I get in, unsure if I'll accept if I get in off of it. Honestly kind of hoping I won't need to make that decision myself.

GPA: 3.12

LSAT: 160/166 (163)

Edited by BeltOfScotch

On 6/24/2020 at 12:34 PM, BeltOfScotch said:

Finally WL'd today. Even if I get in, unsure if I'll accept if I get in off of it. Honestly kind of hoping I won't need to make that decision myself.

GPA: 3.12

LSAT: 160/166 (163)

Movement!

I am surprised they notified you yesterday because it was a public holiday in Quebec.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, herpsderps123 said:

Movement!

I am surprised they notified you yesterday because it was a public holiday in Quebec.

Right? I was also pretty surprised, especially considering the SQDC was even closed.

made the wait list 155 and 7.5/9

still committed to attending despite just signing on a new lease in Ottawa