jdawg23

Hows my chances? [3.7, 3.69 L2, 160]

I am entering 4 year, and because of one hard course my L2 is a 3.69, but my CGPA is 3.7. I think I will improve my L2 for my final year, but is 3.69 is a death sentence. My soft ECs are very strong, as well as my references.

FYI I have not written the LSAT yet, but I have so far in my diagnostics (and I just started studying) I'm getting mid 150s, so expecting a low 160. How are my chances for places like Queens, Western and Windsor.?

get a 160+ LSAT and you got a good shot everywhere in Ontario except UofT 

Posted (edited)

Another question? I have taken a full course load my whole undergrad except for second semester of my second year, in which I took a 1.0 summer course that year. Will that be detrimental or will they just not include that year in my GPA calculation? 

Edited by jdawg23

1 minute ago, jdawg23 said:

Another question? I have taken a full course load my whole undergrad except for second semester of my second year, in which I took a 1.0 summer course that year. Will that be detrimental or will they just not include that year in my GPA calculation? 

You're overthinking this. Assuming your GPA is your OLSAS GPA and you get a good LSAT, a 3.69 GPA is competitive at essentially every school in Canada. No school will care about a single semester in which you didn't take five courses. You'll be fine. 

They typically won’t count your summer course. Don’t worry about your GPA, it seems fine. Focus on the LSAT that will make or break your application.

I had to take two summer classes (and in turn took one less course two semesters) because my exchange threw my pre requisite timelines into whack. Was never an issue at all, with any school.