lawstudent67

Law School Must Have's?

A computer is essential for research and online classes, but I would suggest people reconsider handwritten notes. There is a growing body of research that suggests students who handwrite notes retain more information than students who use a computer. I would suggest buying a few fancy pens and an old-timey notebook. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, student0033 said:

Whatever you do, don't be the only one in your 1L class without an LSC on the first day of classes :(

How will we bring our LSC to online classes though!? 

Edited by Anawa
  • Like 1

I have a MacBook, but an external monitor really changed the game for me. I wish I got a cheap one at the beginning of 1L. It's super useful to have your notes, a case, then whatever else like the syllabus or emails open with a big screen. My productivity definitely goes up from not having to switch tabs all of the time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, student0033 said:

Anyways, it’s just a silly tradition but believe me, you’ll stick out like a sore thumb if you don’t bring an LSC on your first day. I learned that the hard way.  

But for realz, what is an LSC? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robobrain said:

But for realz, what is an LSC? 

Life Sized Chicken? Liquor Store Card? Large Soft Clothes? Luminescent Solar Concentrator? All of these things are useful in law school.

9 hours ago, student0033 said:

Usually it will be a pillow wrapped in a plain white pillowcase, with your first and last name written on the pillowcase in black marker. Underneath your name, you write 3 words that best describe you. I chose “strong, resilient, kind”. 

are you sure you didn't mean to write 'strange' over 'strong'? i only say this as i just clicked on your profile and you have an 'about me' section that reads: "a very strange person"

2 hours ago, canuckfanatic said:

Life Sized Chicken? Liquor Store Card? Large Soft Clothes? Luminescent Solar Concentrator? All of these things are useful in law school.

Is a life sized chicken just a regular chicken or have the chicken corporations been pulling a fast one on me?

6 minutes ago, Hydarnes said:

Is a life sized chicken just a regular chicken or have the chicken corporations been pulling a fast one on me?

KFC's R&D tried to make a "larger than life" sized chicken but it proved too dangerous to contain. Turned out just to be a dinosaur.

Edited by canuckfanatic
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, JaysFan364 said:

I don't know if this needs to be said but this is a joke.

No, you don't need to bring an embroidered cushion on your first day.

Sure, you also don't "need" to bring pants. 

But you probably should bring both an LSC and pants

Edited by BlockedQuebecois
  • Like 1

I now have this idea that you younger generation are all weirdly susceptible to hemorroids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Anawa said:

How will we bring our LSC to online classes though!? 

You'll do your classes from your massive LSC everyday - it's called a bed 😌

But with a bookcase behind you to communicate your intellect to peers during zoom meetings - goes without saying

• Like 1
  • Haha 1