I didn't apply for the judicial externship but have not heard back from the business law clinic or the corporate counsel externship. Has anyone been selected for a moot?

Edited by Aschenbach
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aschenbach said:

I didn't apply for the judicial externship but have not heard back from the business law clinic or the corporate counsel externship. Has anyone been selected for a moot?

Moot offers come out on the same day as clinic offers. At this time, it’s not yet clear when offer day will be because the different clinics and moots still need to decide if they’re going ahead and, if so, how.

My guess is that some clinics are still working out their logistics, which may explain why you haven’t heard from either. They might be waiting on Allard’s call on how classes will run in the fall. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Psychometronic said:

Moot offers come out on the same day as clinic offers. At this time, it’s not yet clear when offer day will be because the different clinics and moots still need to decide if they’re going ahead and, if so, how.

My guess is that some clinics are still working out their logistics, which may explain why you haven’t heard from either. They might be waiting on Allard’s call on how classes will run in the fall. 

Do you know if clinics will inform non-successful applicants? or do you just kinda assume you didn't get in after a certain amount of time has passed? 

Haven't heard anything about moots, but I'm not very excited about the prospect of mooting remotely 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Tagger said:

Haven't heard anything about moots, but I'm not very excited about the prospect of mooting remotely 😬

Why? You don't want to hear people typing/breathing into their unmuted microphones while you're mid-argument??? Blasphemy

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, thebadwife said:

Do you know if clinics will inform non-successful applicants? or do you just kinda assume you didn't get in after a certain amount of time has passed? 

No idea :(

I only know some of this stuff based on my experience from last year and the rough timeline given by one of the people I interviewed with.

Edit: I only tried out for moots last year. Moot coaches would discuss beforehand who they want on their teams so you will only get an offer from one moot after they divide up their candidates. I didn't apply to any clinics last year.

Edited by Psychometronic
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, daisymiller said:

When I interviewed for one of the clinics, I was told that offers should go out in June. 

Which clinic?

1 hour ago, thebadwife said:

Which clinic?

I'd rather not say on the forum (DM if you want to know, though), but my interviewer seemed to be talking about all clinic offers. Makes sense if Allard has to coordinate the offers with student preference before issuing them? Not the best or most official information, but that's what I have. 🙂

5 minutes ago, daisymiller said:

I'd rather not say on the forum (DM if you want to know, though), but my interviewer seemed to be talking about all clinic offers. Makes sense if Allard has to coordinate the offers with student preference before issuing them? Not the best or most official 1information, but that's what I have. 🙂

Not all clinic offers go out at the same time. The most obvious example I know of is the Innocence Project, which sends out offers before the summer so that outgoing clinicians can brief incoming clinicians on files. A poster above in this thread also mentioned already having heard from the IJHRC.

1 minute ago, CleanHands said:

Not all clinic offers go out at the same time. The most obvious example I know of is the Innocence Project, which sends out offers before the summer so that outgoing clinicians can brief incoming clinicians on files. A poster above in this thread also mentioned already having heard from the IJHRC.

Okay, my bad. I knew about IJHRC going out early, but not others.