Sign in to follow this  
mimibear

Has anyone applied for any scholarships?

Like the topic suggests, has anyone applied for any scholarships that required a separate (or external) application?

I read the FAQ and it said that it could take as long as 12 weeks to hear back after the due date. In this case, the due date was May 1. Will it really take that long? What if the scholarship factors into your decision on whether to attend the school?

Does anyone have any experience with applying for scholarships at UOttawa? 

TIA! 

1 hour ago, hopefullawstudent202 said:

Hi, 

Before receiving my acceptance, I applied for a couple of scholarships via uozone. 

But I haven't heard anything back yet. 

Which ones did you apply for (if you don't mind me asking)? 

Just a heads up, you probably won't hear on the majority of scholarships until like September/October...

57 minutes ago, mimibear said:

I think that hopefullawstudent202 refers to non-external scholarships, which are only available via the uozone.

But, I think that you are talking about external scholarships that do not require uozone applications.

6 minutes ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

I think that hopefullawstudent202 refers to non-external scholarships, which are only available via the uozone.

But, I think that you are talking about external scholarships that do not require uozone applications.

Nope, I mean the majority of scholarships applied for on the ouzone. They are suuuuper slow. 

46 minutes ago, bn2384 said:

Just a heads up, you probably won't hear on the majority of scholarships until like September/October...

That is so long... :( But thanks for letting me know! 

I should clarify that I'm talking about both scholarships on uoZone that require an application and external scholarship applications (not on uoZone).

Does this mean we can't apply anymore? I held off on applying since I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools :(

Unfortunately, the internal scholarships have expired now. I was admitted right before the deadline and held off as well. Don't fret! Many more scholarships will open up in august but they are open to everyone at the university. Also, if you qualify for an admission scholarship you should hear from the faculty by June. Cheers. 

9 hours ago, mimibear said:

I didn't apply for any external bursary yet other than John and Rosa Lim Scholarship. 

I heard back today morning on an internal scholarship that I applied for last month!