lawyer1017

People who are waitlisted

2 hours ago, thisproccesssucks said:

So much for movement off the waitlist early July I guess.

im not expecting much anymore.. started studying for the lsat again :( 

• Sad 2

What are y’all thinking? Class is full and no movement at all? It would be very uncharacteristic for there to be no movement at all. I am also opening up my LSAT books. The chances seem slim but no movement would just be weird 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Esjay said:

Has anyone spoken to admissions recently?

I tired calling today but I wasn't able to reach Leanne. I can't imagine that there will be no movement at all?

• Sad 1

On 7/13/2020 at 7:39 PM, Esjay said:

Has anyone spoken to admissions recently?

I emailed her on the 11th, no reply. Honestly at this point it's hard to really believe there will be movement. But at the same time? There should be some given we have seen some people on here reject their offer..

• Sad 1

I was thinking about it, and perhaps could it be that they sort out waitlist rankings after spots have opened up? If that's the case they could simply be revisiting all of the waitlist files now to make a decision. This however could just be me being overly optimistic. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Malich said:

I was thinking about it, and perhaps could it be that they sort out waitlist rankings after spots have opened up? If that's the case they could simply be revisiting all of the waitlist files now to make a decision. This however could just be me being overly optimistic. 

That could definitely be a reason, given that they chose to not disclose waitlist ranking information! Lets hope that this is true ahaha, i still have SOME hope left!!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Norms said:

That could definitely be a reason, given that they chose to not disclose waitlist ranking information! Lets hope that this is true ahaha, i still have SOME hope left!!

It really is hard to say, and plus with the covid stuff going on, I would imagine  it is a little bit harder for the comittee to work together to sort through everything. Now this is completely just a guess, but I'd imagine we probably won't see any movement until late July early August. I have nothing to base that off of, just a guess though so don't quote me on that.

Soooo many people have declined since April 17, the day offers last went out according to this forum. Where have those spots gone??? Did they over offer spots?? Makes no sense. It’s not a handful of people who have declined, its in the double digits. Makes absolutely no sense. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lawyer1017 said:

Soooo many people have declined since April 17, the day offers last went out according to this forum. Where have those spots gone??? Did they over offer spots?? Makes no sense. It’s not a handful of people who have declined, its in the double digits. Makes absolutely no sense. 

Most, if not all, schools make more offers than there are spots available. They have experience with the yield number vis a vis offers. It isn't until they get down close to that yield number that they will then go to the waitlist. Those on the waitlist are applicants that they will accept if initial offers are not accepted. It does make sense.

As for ranking the waitlists, many schools do not divulge ranking numbers but that doesn't mean that there isn't a ranking system in place for the school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erinl2 said:

Most, if not all, schools make more offers than there are spots available. They have experience with the yield number vis a vis offers. It isn't until they get down close to that yield number that they will then go to the waitlist. Those on the waitlist are applicants that they will accept if initial offers are not accepted. It does make sense.

As for ranking the waitlists, many schools do not divulge ranking numbers but that doesn't mean that there isn't a ranking system in place for the school.

Ya when you divulge into it like that it makes sense. I guess as first time applicants, we learn as we go about the admissions process. 

Having the “I really thought we were going to hear today” blues. Has anyone heard anything about..anything? Lol 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Hflem96 said:

Having the “I really thought we were going to hear today” blues. Has anyone heard anything about..anything? Lol 

I feel that. I’m not sure if there’s been any communications :( I’d just love to know anything.

• Like 3

Apparently Leanne Walker is out of the office till the 10th of August. I wonder if that has any implications on the timeline 

18 minutes ago, lawyer1017 said:

Apparently Leanne Walker is out of the office till the 10th of August. I wonder if that has any implications on the timeline 

I wonder when she left, I sent an email on July 10th with no reply haha

Starting to pick up my books again, losing hope fast. I'm currently waitlisted at TRU, Lakehead, Ryerson and Ottawa...no movement on any of the waitlists I'm on so far.

It is my first round of applying. Is it normal to be waitlisted at this many schools and never hear back? Waitlisted at TRU and Lakehead since April. Ryerson since June and just waitlisted at Ottawa yesterday.

:(

3 hours ago, Diversestudent604 said:

Starting to pick up my books again, losing hope fast. I'm currently waitlisted at TRU, Lakehead, Ryerson and Ottawa...no movement on any of the waitlists I'm on so far.

It is my first round of applying. Is it normal to be waitlisted at this many schools and never hear back? Waitlisted at TRU and Lakehead since April. Ryerson since June and just waitlisted at Ottawa yesterday.

:(

thats rough 😕 what are your stats if u dont mind me askin