lawyer1017

People who are waitlisted

6 minutes ago, lawyer1017 said:

Did y’all receive the TRU Covid email aswell?

Yes and I started saying "omg omg omg" because I thought it was an acceptance. lol

my mind read "You've recently been admitted to Thompson Rivers University" and i almost had a panic attack lmao

• Like 1

I had the same response, even though it actually says "You’ve recently applied or been admitted to Thompson Rivers University." ;) 

Lol I had a different reaction. I saw that the email was from Thomson Rivers University and not Law Admissions and immediately thought, 'oh p$*s off TRU. Don't you know I'm on the waitlist and therefore care about one thing and one thing only?'

Feeling pretty tightly wound...

I got an email from Tru Law admissions today saying that I will expect an update in June. I'm not 100% sure what that means but yeah. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Kingifer said:

I got an email from Tru Law admissions today saying that I will expect an update in June. I'm not 100% sure what that means but yeah. 

Was that a response to an email you sent?

Edited by lawyer1017

3 minutes ago, lawyer1017 said:

Was that a response to an email you sent?

At 11:52 AM. It didn't seem to be. The last email I sent was a response to being waitlisted, but it doesn't seem to be a reply to it. It just seems like an update. It is not from Leanne, it is from the TRU admissions email. 

6 minutes ago, Kingifer said:

At 11:52 AM. It didn't seem to be. The last email I sent was a response to being waitlisted, but it doesn't seem to be a reply to it. It just seems like an update. It is not from Leanne, it is from the TRU admissions email. 

That’s interesting. 11:52EST?

anyone else get this email?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, lawyer1017 said:

That’s interesting. 11:52EST?

anyone else get this email?

I'm MST (from Calgary). 

Edited to add: I was waitlisted on April 27th, and the last email I sent was just letting them know that I wanted to be kept on the waitlist and looked forward to hearing back. 

Edited by Kingifer

Hi all! I have a friend who is also waitlisted (she doesn't use this forum) and she just called in and was also told that she can expect an update in June. 

I keep hearing that there may be another wave of acceptances soon, but I'm not really sure. It's hard to tell. 

I too am waitlisted in AB, and did not yet receive that email. I suspect I will later today. Oddly, I've noticed they come out at different times of the day. That's good to know, though.

Leanne told me that I can expect an update in early June as well! She mentioned this after I reached out to Leanne and asked if TRU needed my final grades (I just finished my undergrad).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lawschooldreamer said:

I am also from Calgary, on the waitlist and did not receive this e-mail. Hmm. 

1 minute ago, oldgreybeard said:

I too am waitlisted in AB, and did not yet receive that email. I suspect I will later today. Oddly, I've noticed they come out at different times of the day. That's good to know, though.

Did you guys also get waitlisted on April 27th? Because that seems like a good thing, maybe they're only doing that one wave of waitlists? I'm not sure if there are people that haven't heard anything yet, but it makes me feel a bit better to believe that they might not be adding more people to the waitlist lol. 

1 minute ago, Norms said:

Leanne told me that I can expect an update in early June as well! She mentioned this after I reached out to Leanne and asked if TRU needed my final grades (I just finished my undergrad).

Ok cool! Good to know! I will enjoy the rest of my May then lol. 

53 minutes ago, Kingifer said:

Did you guys also get waitlisted on April 27th? Because that seems like a good thing, maybe they're only doing that one wave of waitlists? I'm not sure if there are people that haven't heard anything yet, but it makes me feel a bit better to believe that they might not be adding more people to the waitlist lol. 

Yes, I was wait-listed on April 27th. I just checked.