ilovemydog

How many people are still waiting to hear back?

Posted (edited)

I'm worried. My B2 is a 3.8 and my I have a 160 for my LSAT but I've yet to hear back. I've read a handful of people getting accepted with lower stats and so I wonder if there is an issue with the rest of my application. To be honest, I thought I would hear back from Queens by now, and I don't know if I should contact them? Wait? Give up? Are spaces already filled? I'm waitng on Osgoode as well--I've been in queue since December 18th.

Is anyone else in a similar position?

Edited by ilovemydog
typo!
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, ilovemydog said:

I'm worried. My B2 is a 3.8 and my I have a 160 for my LSAT but I've yet to hear back. I've read a handful of people getting accepted with lower stats and so I wonder if there is an issue with the rest of my application. To be honest, I thought I would hear back from Queens by now, and I don't know if I should contact them? Wait? Give up? Are spaces already filled? I'm waitng on Osgoode as well--I've been in queue since December 18th.

Yes I'm in the same position! Same B2/L2/B3, 157 LSAT + an MA. I'm still waiting to hear back from Queen's, Osgoode and Ottawa (Waitlisted by Western). I'm not sure why we haven't heard anything but maybe it's somewhat good that we haven't been rejected? Not sure how we're supposed to feel or what to expect. 

1 minute ago, prelawfemme said:

Yes I'm in the same position! Same B2/L2/B3, 157 LSAT + an MA. I'm still waiting to hear back from Queen's, Osgoode and Ottawa (Waitlisted by Western). I'm not sure why we haven't heard anything but maybe it's somewhat good that we haven't been rejected? Not sure how we're supposed to feel or what to expect. 

Yes, I suppose you're right about that! I don't know if Queens even rejected anyone (according to this forum)? But at least for Osgoode, yeah. 

1 minute ago, ilovemydog said:

Yes, I suppose you're right about that! I don't know if Queens even rejected anyone (according to this forum)? But at least for Osgoode, yeah. 

Right, yes, for Queen's they seem to be behind. Last year they sent out rejections in early April but it seems like none have been sent out yet. (Holding out a glimmer of hope for Osgoode). 

• Like 1

Same boat! I havent heard anything from Queens. My stats are similiar and in some cases higher than some individuals in the recent acceptance wave. I hope I hear back soon. 

• Like 2

same situation as well - hoping there will be more acceptances Monday since the late april offers all expire this weekend 

• Like 2

Same situation, nervous. 

Hey all! As an FYI, the Queen's acceptance page has 173 members - keep in mind the class size is 200. It seems they have *about* 20 spots left if you factor in the people who don't have facebook.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lawcat said:

Hey all! As an FYI, the Queen's acceptance page has 173 members - keep in mind the class size is 200. It seems they have *about* 20 spots left if you factor in the people who don't have facebook.

I'm in the group and I think some of the members are also upper years? Could be wrong though

There are undoubtedly still spots available and more will open as people accept different offers in the coming months/weeks.

Regardless, good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 7:46 PM, ilovemydog said:

Is 160 your only score? What is your cGPA?

Edited by Luckycharm

I have been deferred from Western, heard nothing from queens, and rejected from osgoode.

CGPA 3.35 L2/B2 3.79 LSAT 161

Posted (edited)

Waiting on Western (deferred!), Queens (no word yet) and Ottawa (no word yet)...

Was rejected from Osgoode.

Olsas CGPA: 3.57 (terrible first year)

Olsas B2: 3.69

Olsas L2 3.66

Highest LSAT was 155... 

General

After going through the admitted threads for all the schools like crazy, I'm seeing that a lot of admitted applicants not only have decent grades but they also seem to have a lot of unique extracurriculars and/or substantial work experiences. And also, I feel like my PS could've been much better ughhghghgh

I'm still really hopeful cause somehow I didn't catch the rejection wave at Western and Ottawa... To those who are waiting with no response like me- let's keep the hope alive! We still have months to go!!!

Edited by jbang2366
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Also in the same boat, B2/L2: 3.73, LSAT:160. Haven’t heard a thing from Queens, Ottawa, Osgoode or Ryerson yet. 

Edited by Lawguy1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, qwerty123456789 said:

I have been deferred from Western, heard nothing from queens, and rejected from osgoode.

CGPA 3.35 L2/B2 3.79 LSAT 161

what does it mean to be "deferred"?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, legallyillegal said:

what does it mean to be "deferred"?

Deferred decision means they are waiting on your final marks before they make a decision on your application. As of right now deferred applicants are neither accepted, rejected, nor waitlisted, as they don't have the grades to make a final decision.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, legallyillegal said:

I'm waiting as well! Haven't heard back from Queens, Western or Ryerson! 

It's interesting that you haven't heard anything from Western, judging by the forums it seemed like most people had a decision made by now. 

1 hour ago, prelawfemme said:

It's interesting that you haven't heard anything from Western, judging by the forums it seemed like most people had a decision made by now. 

Yeah, I remember during our law school panel, Western rep stated everyone hears back by end of May so no clue! just says "applied"