VanIsleLaw

On-campus or Off-campus ?

Hey,

I am an out of province student and I was hoping if someone would be willing to share their experience/opinion on the on-campus(crowsnest - two bedroom) vs off-Campus question?

I have to decide by May 10th for my Crowsnest residence offer and any input would be greatly appreciated, 

Thanks in advance! 

I am a Calgary resident, as for your question, I guess if budget is not a problem then on-campus could be a better choice considered convenience and safety(pandemic).

You dont want to take public transportation everyday given current situation. 

• Like 2

I am not in law school, but I went to u of c and lived in res for my undergrad. I would say stay on campus your first year. It really helps to be walking distance to classes. The on campus residence is connected to most university buildings by underground tunnels.

Then you can decide if you want to share a house with friends off campus to save some cash the next year. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I am a business lawyer at a mid-sized firm that includes eight personal injury / ICBC defense lawyers. I understand these lawyers expect the pre-no-fault files to keep them busy for approximately the next five years. Four of the lawyers are senior calls who I expect will retire within the next five years or when the work dries up. The other four lawyers already have somewhat varied practices, and I understand they intend to put greater emphasis on other practice areas over time, including family, construction, estate litigation and commercial litigation. One of the lawyers recently added an immigration law practice to his service offering.
    • Just curious to know what my chances are   Thanks in advance! 
    • I'm a 2L at Western and I was accepted with similar, but slightly higher stats (158/3.7cGPA/3.72B2/L2).  I am relatively confident, given my LSAT, that my stats only carried so far and it was my 4th year non-academic experiences that ultimately got me in (I worked full time with a full course load, and did some light volunteering on the side). I would follow the advice of hmyo and rewrite the LSAT.    Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk about this in more depth. 
    • I am seeking advice about writing firms for 2021 2L positions in BC/Alberta. Is it appropriate to include cv in cold email? Is it better to just reach out first? If there is a thread about this please share. Thank you! 
    • I figured it out by calculating it by hand. Their scale isn't a regular 4.0 scale - it will give you higher points for being consistent. Though my percentage average is what you see above, I have seven sub-A grades on my transcript, so it pulls my OLSAS GPA down to a 3.65, even if it's a 3.7+ practically everywhere else.