4 minutes ago, Waqil said:

No, this is only for the discretionary category, I have no idea about the regular waitlist

Well nonetheless I’m sorry to hear that but I’m holding out hope for you!! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lawskoolhopeful said:

Has anyone emailed a second time for an updated position ranking and have any movement to report?

I called yesterday and was given the same waitlist number as when I initially asked on May 20th. I think we can expect to see some movement (hopefully) after the June 15th deadline for deposit refunds, although she did mention that there could be less waitlist movement this year due to the online course offering.

10 minutes ago, kkkbbb said:

I called yesterday and was given the same waitlist number as when I initially asked on May 20th. I think we can expect to see some movement (hopefully) after the June 15th deadline for deposit refunds, although she did mention that there could be less waitlist movement this year due to the online course offering.

Hmmm, that’s surprising, I would have guessed the opposite, thinking many wouldn’t want to go online. Thanks for update!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kkkbbb said:

Yeah I just emailed and they said there’s been no change to the waitlist. That’s too bad to hear! Wonder if it’ll work out to be something like half the amount off the waitlist as usual or virtually no movement.

47 minutes ago, Waqil said:

No, this is only for the discretionary category, I have no idea about the regular waitlist

Thanks for sharing the update!

Did she happen to mention if anyone has declined/if thetes been any movement at all? 

• Like 1

I contacted the office today, and there has not been any movement for me, either.

3 hours ago, Kay123 said:

Thanks for sharing the update!

Did she happen to mention if anyone has declined/if thetes been any movement at all? 

No worries! She didn't say, but that might have been because I'm on the bottom half (second) part of the waitlist which is unranked. She did however emphatically state that she didn't expect much movement this cycle due to COVID. :( 

• Sad 2

Since yesterday was the deadline to accept for discretionary I checked in today about any movement on the waitlist, and there's been none. So I'm guessing that means all spots were accepted for discretionary first round.

Edited by Kay123

Thanks for posting that update!  Do you mind sharing your place on the waitlist?  Did they confirm your waitlist position has stayed the same, or did they say the waitlist has not moved at all?  

I also wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any movement until after June 15th because UBC has allowed for a full refund if you withdraw your acceptance before that date. 

Edited by Anonym0us

11 minutes ago, Anonym0us said:

Thanks for posting that update!  Do you mind sharing your place on the waitlist?  Did they confirm your waitlist position has stayed the same, or did they say the waitlist has not moved at all?  

I also wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any movement until after June 15th because UBC has allowed for a full refund if you withdraw your acceptance before that date. 

Oh I did not know that info about the 15th! Thank you for sharing, I was assuming the deadline for refund was different for discretionary & regular applicants. 

I do know that that the waitlist usually moves a few spots after the first acceptance deadline, which wasn't the case this year. So im guessing movement will be really slow.

To answer your questions I'm #6 on the waitlist. & both, they confirmed my position has remained the same since it was first ranked because the waitlist hasn't moved.

2 minutes ago, Kay123 said:

Oh I did not know that info about the 15th! Thank you for sharing, I was assuming the deadline for refund was different for discretionary & regular applicants. 

I do know that that the waitlist usually moves a few spots after the first acceptance deadline, which wasn't the case this year. So im guessing movement will be really slow.

To answer your questions I'm #6 on the waitlist. & both, they confirmed my position has remained the same since it was first ranked because the waitlist hasn't moved.

did you email or call them? i'm debating emailing again.. not sure if I should though seems like both waitlists haven't moved 

1 minute ago, studenttt97 said:

did you email or call them? i'm debating emailing again.. not sure if I should though seems like both waitlists haven't moved 

I emailed them! Just because yesterday was the deadline for discretionary applicants to accept their offer. 

I wish there was an alternative way to get rankings, like on the application checker. 

6 minutes ago, studenttt97 said:

Have you received your exact # spot? If not I’d probably email asking if I were you! But also I emailed about regular category waitlist 2 days ago and they said there had been no movement so I wouldn’t expect any movement in the last 2 days

55 minutes ago, Anonym0us said:

Does this mean that basically people may just accept and wait til June 15 to reallly make their choice ? So hopefully we see movement after that. 

42 minutes ago, ZIRP said:

Does this mean that basically people may just accept and wait til June 15 to reallly make their choice ? So hopefully we see movement after that. 

Because of covid moving classes online, accepted students who had paid their deposit were given until June 15 to get a refund and rescind their offer. So ya exactly, people could have accepted and paid but may pull out before June 15!

Edited by lawskoolhopeful

Re: Discretionary waitlist

Hi friends, I spoke to admissions today to ask if there has been any movement on the waitlist. I was told that they sent out one offer to the person at #1 who accepted their offer so for now there isn't any movement unless someone drops their spot for some reason.

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to ask about the previous question as well. Has anyone heard back regarding any movement from the regular category waitlist?

6 minutes ago, jellybean123 said:

Just wanted to ask about the previous question as well. Has anyone heard back regarding any movement from the regular category waitlist?

Sadly there hasnt been any movement since the very beginning. I have been emailing them a few times ever since I was put on the waitlist and the most recent one was a couple days ago