4 minutes ago, Waqil said:

No, this is only for the discretionary category, I have no idea about the regular waitlist

Well nonetheless I’m sorry to hear that but I’m holding out hope for you!! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lawskoolhopeful said:

Has anyone emailed a second time for an updated position ranking and have any movement to report?

I called yesterday and was given the same waitlist number as when I initially asked on May 20th. I think we can expect to see some movement (hopefully) after the June 15th deadline for deposit refunds, although she did mention that there could be less waitlist movement this year due to the online course offering.

10 minutes ago, kkkbbb said:

I called yesterday and was given the same waitlist number as when I initially asked on May 20th. I think we can expect to see some movement (hopefully) after the June 15th deadline for deposit refunds, although she did mention that there could be less waitlist movement this year due to the online course offering.

Hmmm, that’s surprising, I would have guessed the opposite, thinking many wouldn’t want to go online. Thanks for update!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kkkbbb said:

Yeah I just emailed and they said there’s been no change to the waitlist. That’s too bad to hear! Wonder if it’ll work out to be something like half the amount off the waitlist as usual or virtually no movement.

47 minutes ago, Waqil said:

No, this is only for the discretionary category, I have no idea about the regular waitlist

Thanks for sharing the update!

Did she happen to mention if anyone has declined/if thetes been any movement at all? 

• Like 1

I contacted the office today, and there has not been any movement for me, either.

3 hours ago, Kay123 said:

Thanks for sharing the update!

Did she happen to mention if anyone has declined/if thetes been any movement at all? 

No worries! She didn't say, but that might have been because I'm on the bottom half (second) part of the waitlist which is unranked. She did however emphatically state that she didn't expect much movement this cycle due to COVID. :( 

• Sad 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I think Boris is just an ad bot?
    • Waitlisted yesterday morning Cgpa 3.73 L2 3.88 Lsat 151 Mature applicant - no interview
    • Looks like Bitcoin freaks are the new Freemen
    • Yes. Oh my god yes. I work in a high volume office.  My life got insanely better when I started using my assistant more. She's hella smart and really good with people. She was handling most of my client calls. She also did most of the admin work, like prepping exhibits, service, and affidavits of service. She'd also prep letters to counsel and send me drafts so all I had to do was edit. This allowed me time between court to prepare my pleadings, meet new clients and work on separation agreements.  Post covid bites. Duties were reorganized for a while so doing all my own admin stuff again. Practice directives are constantly changing so it seems like I am always merging pdfs, turning poor quality photos into pdf, taking screenshots (and turning them into pdf). And the phone calls... It seems like more senior family lawyers check out of the process. Many in my jurisdiction seem to give the entire file to their junior or assistant. I've taken over files from colleagues and have learned from clients that they never met old white hair guy until the case conference. I haven't hit that level but I do try to create a bit more distance. I'm not my client's bff or therapist - there are boundary issues if I'm the first person they continue to call in crisis. I've also been telling clients "no" more. Won't write that, that's not an argument that I'm willing to make/you're not getting sole decision making. Judges appreciate it when you reign clients in before stepping foot into court. Less annoyed judges have made even high conflict files more enjoyable as I can do the fine dance of law+emotions that family lawyers employ without a judge looking down and saying "seriously? You're in good faith saying that?"  More long term, I'm hoping to transition to a resolution-based practice via collaborative and mixed litigation/mediation. I have mediation and collaborative training. I'm going to use the pandemic time to work on my ocl application and see whether I can start doing more solicitor style family law (marriage K, Cohab agreements, sep aps) rather than just straight out litigation. Different kind of stress but the role change would hopefully keep things fresh. I have met a few lawyers that just left family law entirely. 1 ended up in government, another transitioned fully to child protection and criminal defence, another to wills/estates, and others to in house at child protection agencies legal aid, and various agencies.   
    • Maybe in the future things will change, but at the moment no law is applicable to this currency, and any other cryptocurrency in general. Law is a great specialty overall, so it's a great choice, but its connection with cryptocurrencies is questionable. On the other hand, the blockchain technology is going to expand in the future, so maybe a specialty related to security or online transactions can be useful. I think trading, in general, it's a remunerative activity because I've been performing eos canada transactions for a while, and it's a real source of income. As for me, it's your choice, but its lucrativeness in the future is doubtable.