Sign in to follow this  
JJ95

Message from the President - Sent to everyone?

Hey guys, 

Wondering if everyone received this email, or if it was meant only for those recently accepted? I ask because the email mentions accepting your offer of admission :P 

My app is still under evaluation so it feels a little strange that I received this email.. 

I was under the same impression when I received the email, but I checked uOzone again and I’m still under evaluation as well.

It was probably a general email to all applicants so we know what to expect if we do get accepted.

I'd say the same as everyone else. It probably went out to all the emails that are attached to new student numbers.

Hm that's strange I got in last week and didn't get the email

I think they're sending it out in batches.

I just got it (still under evaluation) and someone I know got it an hour ago. Seems like they're sending it to all students (current and future) which would be many thousands of people.

Wow, great way to get our hopes up.... I received the email as well, it even mentioned an offer of admission.. 

Very misleading. 

“We are ready to welcome you for uOttawa’s fall 2020 academic term”, like give me a break. 

• Like 10

omg my heart was beating so fast when i saw this! i got so excited and checked everything. still under evaluation :( 

Received the President's email just after 10am...definitely got my hopes up after reading the misleading subject line. I'm currently still "under evaluation" as well. In my opinion, something like "Message from the President: Update Regarding COVID-19 at uOttawa" could've been used instead. Oh well, the waiting continues... 

• Like 2

I just replied to the email "So....Does this mean my portal status will change to accepted?" LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

If this was from the president of the U of O, it is going out to all applicants, not just law. 

• Like 1