Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Waitlisted
Applied Discretionary, Ontario resident
LSAT - 150
L2/B2 - 3.56

Great references/ ECs (community involvement + 3+ years as a corporate legal assistant)

Will be declining if accepted. Just posting so others on the waitlist have a better idea of numbers.
Best of luck to you guys! :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many people in this forum represent on the waitlist as a whole..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted yesterday.

L2 3.49

LSAT 158

Will be removing myself as I have already accepted an offer to UofC. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, nickrk20 said:

I wonder how many people in this forum represent on the waitlist as a whole..

Good question. I have never contributed to this forum before this very post, and I am wait-listed. 

Edited by oldgreybeard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Ryguy96 said:

Waitlisted yesterday.

L2 3.49

LSAT 158

Will be removing myself as I have already accepted an offer to UofC. 

Congratulations! Do you think it's a little odd you'd get into UofC before TRU? That's the conundrum of holistic evaluations, I suppose. I'm a mature student with a very unique application myself. 

Edited by oldgreybeard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 8:34 AM, oldgreybeard said:

Congratulations! Do you think it's a little odd you'd get into UofC before TRU? That's the conundrum of holistic evaluations, I suppose. I'm a mature student with a very unique application myself. 

Thank you!

Honestly yes, I did find it odd. I was admitted to UofC decently early in the cycle (Feb.) and waitlisted at the UofA, so I thought that I would be a shoe-in for TRU. I guess they just evaluated my EC's differently, and I also think I wrote a much better personal statement to UofC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryguy96 said:

Thank you!

Honestly yes, I did find it odd. I was admitted to UofC decently early in the cycle (Feb.) and waitlisted at the UofA, so I thought that I would be a shoe-in for TRU. I guess they just evaluated my EC's differently, and I also think I wrote a much better personal statement to UofC. 

Makes sense. That personal statement is the x-factor. Congratulations!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how many students got taken off the waitlist in prior years...have been waitlisted to TRU law before so feeling even more anxious this round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 9:52 AM, Hflem96 said:

Does anyone know how many students got taken off the waitlist in prior years...have been waitlisted to TRU law before so feeling even more anxious this round

Nobody other than the admissions committee knows the actual numbers. I do know that it's getting more competitive each year.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2020 at 7:30 PM, Ryguy96 said:

Waitlisted yesterday.

L2 3.49

LSAT 158

Will be removing myself as I have already accepted an offer to UofC. 

What were your EC's like? Also, which category did you apply to? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question! For those of you who were waitlisted into the program, when did you submit/have your applications completed by? Did anyone apply early in the cycle, or do you suppose later applications factored into being waitlisted for many of you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RelaxingTimes said:

Question! For those of you who were waitlisted into the program, when did you submit/have your applications completed by? Did anyone apply early in the cycle, or do you suppose later applications factored into being waitlisted for many of you?

Applied near the end of October 2019, wrote the LSAT in January 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RelaxingTimes said:

What were your EC's like? Also, which category did you apply to? 

My EC's are quite extensive, a long list of academic and legal community involvement. I believe my EC's are the strongest part of my application and the reason why UofC accepted me relatively early. I applied in the regular category though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No disrespect intended but has anyone else looked at the stats of ppl in the accepted thread and just been dumbfounded??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ves01 said:

No disrespect intended but has anyone else looked at the stats of ppl in the accepted thread and just been dumbfounded??? 

thats holistic admissions for ya

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be a dumb question, and I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but I'm hoping for some solid confirmation.

Is it at all possible for someone to move from "waitlisted" to "rejected"? I assume we get to remain on the waitlist until classes start, but would it be possible for them to somehow re-evaluate things and drop people from the waitlist ahead of September?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a dumb question, so yes it is. If you are too far down the waitlist, and there's not much movement, you can get bumped off the waitlist. It happened to me last year. Keep in mind I had a really low LSAT score: a 150.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Esjay said:

This might be a dumb question, and I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but I'm hoping for some solid confirmation.

Is it at all possible for someone to move from "waitlisted" to "rejected"? I assume we get to remain on the waitlist until classes start, but would it be possible for them to somehow re-evaluate things and drop people from the waitlist ahead of September?

TRU did that last year:

https://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/58508-waitlisted-2019/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-801419

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to both of you! I wasn't aware of that, good to know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...