Guitarguy

Indigenous Applicants

Has anyone who is still completing their undergrad heard back yet? I am wondering about people who’s file wasn’t complete until January! 

19 minutes ago, maddie221 said:

Has anyone who is still completing their undergrad heard back yet? I am wondering about people who’s file wasn’t complete until January! 

I'm not completing undergrad right now but u of a recently sent an email saying they would be reviewing Indigenous applications March 9th I believe and hopefully having decisions being sent out for March 16th... 

18 minutes ago, maddie221 said:

I'm completing my last year of undergrad now. I think my file wouldn't have been complete until January when I sent my fall marks in... UBC doesn't care about the final year, but so far in terms of schools that do require fall grades, I've gotten into/heard back from TRU, UNB, Windsor, (and Lakehead but that was in December before I sent in grades). And echoing pmtfuturelawyer, yeah AB said they're planning for March 16th.

6 minutes ago, castlepie said:

I'm completing my last year of undergrad now. I think my file wouldn't have been complete until January when I sent my fall marks in... UBC doesn't care about the final year, but so far in terms of schools that do require fall grades, I've gotten into/heard back from TRU, UNB, Windsor, (and Lakehead but that was in December before I sent in grades). And echoing pmtfuturelawyer, yeah AB said they're planning for March 16th.

Yeah I saw that email from U of A, and UBC one of my reference letters wasn’t submitted until January so my application still wasn’t complete until close to the deadline. Just super nervous.

1 hour ago, skyeblue6 said:

Does anyone know if the ILC summer program is happening this summer? 

U of S scrapped the program last year. They’re working on a new program but from what I have heard it may not be done in time for this summer.

Most law schools are looking into what they can do to address the absence of the program. NILSA wrote a great letter on it! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Castur said:

U of S scrapped the program last year. They’re working on a new program but from what I have heard it may not be done in time for this summer.

Most law schools are looking into what they can do to address the absence of the program. NILSA wrote a great letter on it! 

Thank you for responding! I'll check out the NILSA letter :)

Posted (edited)

Yeah, UBC has a month long similar program for incoming Indigenous students.... It'll likely be school specific for the time being

Edited by castlepie
  • Like 1

I noticed there was two Indigenous students accepted to U of A yesterday... does anyone have an idea if acceptances will continue until the 19th like they said? Getting nervous as I am hoping for a school in AB... I have accepted TRU but have preference to stay in AB if I can but not sure if I really have real chances... my L2 that TRU calculated was an A... my L2 I think is a 3.87.. and my LSAT 151... I have a good PS but we all think we have a good PS so... and pretty great references that were able to really speak to my abilities. 

5 minutes ago, pmtfuturelawyer said:

I noticed there was two Indigenous students accepted to U of A yesterday... does anyone have an idea if acceptances will continue until the 19th like they said? Getting nervous as I am hoping for a school in AB... I have accepted TRU but have preference to stay in AB if I can but not sure if I really have real chances... my L2 that TRU calculated was an A... my L2 I think is a 3.87.. and my LSAT 151... I have a good PS but we all think we have a good PS so... and pretty great references that were able to really speak to my abilities. 

The email that was sent out by the U of A stated that Indigenous applicants would be reviewed March 9th and the offers would likely come somewhere around March 16th. Since that date hasn’t come yet, I wouldn’t be concerned at all yet.

I can’t comment on your odds based on your stats (I don’t think anyone really can for Indigenous applicants).

Good luck! I hope it turns out well for you. TRU is still a great school in a fantastic city!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pmtfuturelawyer said:

Anyone hear from u of c yet? 

I have not and I applied

I was accepted to both UofS and UNB under the indigenous category. I’m a third year undergraduate student, and live in Newfoundland. I accepted UNB’s offer as they were my top choice 😊

GPA - 4.0

LSAT - 154 

• Like 2

For future reference (like that person who made that spreadsheet) lol:

I was accepted to Lakehead, Windsor, TRU, UVIC, UNB, and UBC (and then I pulled the rest of my applications)

LSAT - 157

GPA - different for every school but percentage wise its 84%

• Like 2

Has anyone heard from UBC after their March 12 meeting? 

11 minutes ago, csjake said:

Has anyone heard from UBC after their March 12 meeting? 

No :( I received an email after asking about my GPA saying decisions by the committee will be made by the end of March but I've heard nothing 

Just emailed ucalgary to see if they have a different timeline for Indigenous applicants... I'll update if I find anything out.. 

• Thanks 1