1 hour ago, applicant1989323 said:

Waitlisted. cGPA 3.57, LSAT 148

How were you notified? 

Has anybody been accepted off the waitlist? Any insight on when we may hear back? Thanks!

6 hours ago, jsm95 said:

Has anybody been accepted off the waitlist? Any insight on when we may hear back? Thanks!

I was waitlisted April 17 and have not heard anything since 😕

Posted (edited)

Same here. I hope we will hear back shortly after the provisional acceptances become firm. 

Edited by CorpClerk13

Seeing as it is July 13 and there hasn't been much waitlist movement, I sent an email to admissions asking about possible upcoming waitlist movement and they responded with this:

"Thank you for your email and continued interest in the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law. Our class is currently full but we often will turn to the waitlist to make more offers as numbers change. This is very difficult to predict and we ask for your patience. You will be contacted directly if receiving an offer." 

Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Do you think that the class is full after considering all of the firm acceptances? Or is this before they figure out who has accepted elsewhere?

10 hours ago, jsm95 said:

Do you think that the class is full after considering all of the firm acceptances? Or is this before they figure out who has accepted elsewhere?

Looking at the acceptance thread (which may or may not be accurate), it seems that the latest offers were given out at the end of March. Unless the class was full at that time (all firm acceptances), I would think that more offers would be given out, especially to waitlisted applicants. Who knows for sure though. 

Last year lakehead was able to send offers to the waitlisted applicants on this forum. Since most of the faculty is working remotely, it's possible that the waitlist offers are delayed this year. My feeling is that the class is not truly full yet.

@CorpClerk13 I also received a similar email on Monday regarding the status of the waitlist after providing admissions with updates to my application. I was waitlisted back in April. 

• Like 1