Hi guys,

Someone here mentioned that Harvard Ready is offering virtual courses. Now I'm considering taking one. I'm curious to hear from those that had take the course, what the level of commitment is. I have searched through the forum and it sounds like there's a decent amount of homework. If you've done the course, can you please share more details about how long the course was and how much homework there is?? 

Thank you in advance!!

I'd be happy to share my experience!

I took the course last year for about 4 months in the summer. Yes, there is decent amount of homework after every class but it really helps you with understanding the concepts next class. The class size itself is also small which gives you the opportunity to ask questions and Yoni actually takes the time to explain it. 

Before HarvardReady, I took Kaplan and trust me, the two don't even come close! I believe its all because of the instructors and the tips and tricks they teach you to master the LSAT. 

I haven't taken an official test yet (personal circumstances) but I have recently starting studying again with the same material from HarvardReady as you have access to the online account for one year from initial registration and I'm finally hitting high 160s on my practice tests. 

As for the classes, yes they're now online for the time being due to COVID-19. (Might take them myself for the August LSAT, thanks to their free repeat policy!! 😀)

Good luck with the course if you decide to take it! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dreamchaser said:

I'd be happy to share my experience!

I took the course last year for about 4 months in the summer. Yes, there is decent amount of homework after every class but it really helps you with understanding the concepts next class. The class size itself is also small which gives you the opportunity to ask questions and Yoni actually takes the time to explain it. 

Before HarvardReady, I took Kaplan and trust me, the two don't even come close! I believe its all because of the instructors and the tips and tricks they teach you to master the LSAT. 

I haven't taken an official test yet (personal circumstances) but I have recently starting studying again with the same material from HarvardReady as you have access to the online account for one year from initial registration and I'm finally hitting high 160s on my practice tests. 

As for the classes, yes they're now online for the time being due to COVID-19. (Might take them myself for the August LSAT, thanks to their free repeat policy!! 😀)

Good luck with the course if you decide to take it! 

Sorry, I should also add that I did take the December 2017 LSAT with Kaplan's teaching and scored a 153. All practice tests with HarvardReady's tips have been around high 160s. 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

I've worked with yoni as well and he is pretty patient and helpful! 

• Thanks 1

I was unfortunately only still hitting high 150s on practice tests. I think i might begin studying early again just in case im reapplying next cycle 

Highly recommend Yoni and Harvard Ready. Albeit this was a few years back, but I thought the instruction was great and you get a bank of old tests. I ended up re-writing afterward and they sent me new study materials free of charge!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Although I didn't attend HarvardReady classes, I was lucky enough to get a hold of his course book for LR. I was averaging around -7, -8 in that section before I got the book. Once I finished the course book, I was averaging -4 on LR in my PTs (even on the dummy sections). His methodology when it comes to LR is head and shoulders above Kaplan, 7sage, and arguably Nathan Fox. 

Edited by Zongo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those who have taken this course, do you think it's sufficient enough alone or did you use other material alongside the Harvard Ready course books/lessons to study? Given I treat the course and homework like a full time job until the August LSAT, do you think that is enough to get my desired score or should I be doing more?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MissRune363 said:

For those who have taken this course, do you think it's sufficient enough alone or did you use other material alongside the Harvard Ready course books/lessons to study? Given I treat the course and homework like a full time job until the August LSAT, do you think that is enough to get my desired score or should I be doing more?

Do as many timed practice tests as you can and go back to see what answers you got wrong, why you got them wrong and the reasoning behind the right answer. I have been studying again and find this to be very helpful. 

• Like 1

I'm a huge advocator for Yoni. I took his class years back after trying literally everything else on the market. PM me if you want to know more.

• Like 1

Yoni is honestly the best. I went from a 143 official score to a 157 official score and PT scores of constant 160s. He is truly amazing. The homework should not be intimidating if you are considering law school. I believe without his course I would not have gotten this far. His methods are the best and he is extremely patient and supportive and honest. 

On 5/4/2020 at 6:09 PM, Dreamchaser said:

Do as many timed practice tests as you can and go back to see what answers you got wrong, why you got them wrong and the reasoning behind the right answer. I have been studying again and find this to be very helpful. 

Your DP is so cute! LOL, love the puppy! Is it a a cockapoo?! 

Also to everyone, do you guys recommend preparing yourselves for the diagnostic LSAT you take before the start of the course or just go in w/o preparation since the class itself prepares you? 

5 hours ago, Ontario said:

Your DP is so cute! LOL, love the puppy! Is it a a cockapoo?! 

Also to everyone, do you guys recommend preparing yourselves for the diagnostic LSAT you take before the start of the course or just go in w/o preparation since the class itself prepares you? 

lol thank you! Yes it is but I took the picture from  the internet.

As for the diagnostic, I read the Princeton review prep book before writing mine to get an idea of what the test is like. 

On 5/9/2020 at 9:26 PM, HopefulLawyer97 said:

Harvard Ready totally worth every penny. Do all the homework and you should be scoring 160 at the very least after a couple months. 

do you have to do extra hmwk as well (like on ur own time) ? Did you go up in ur score and if so what did u start and end off with ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rilelaw said:
On 5/9/2020 at 9:26 PM, HopefulLawyer97 said:

do you have to do extra hmwk as well (like on ur own time) ? Did you go up in ur score and if so what did u start and end off with ? 

There’s a lot of homework with HarvardReady. If you do it all, definitely should get over 160. 

I'm taking HarvardReady right now, I'm really enjoying it - my LR and RC, specifically the former, have soared, but I feel like their method for LG doesn't quite click for me. But that being said, I have adopted some of the aspects of their method that I've found helpful, incorporated them into my own and I'm getting near perfects on my PTs in LG, so even still I've managed to soar in LG as well. Yoni is probably the most patient teacher I've ever encountered, and he's always willing to answer questions. I'd highly recommend him and HarvardReady!

Edited by navyblue11

I took the HarvardReady course last fall, and I would highly recommend it. I was working a 9-5 job and doing the course work in the evenings. It was not incredibly difficult to keep up with the homework, as long as you keep dedicated. I had to dedicate a couple hours each Sunday and 1 evening a week to the homework. I was also doing PT every Saturday. I would guess that for every 4 hours of lecture, I would have to block off four hours to do the homework. This estimate does not including the time it took me to do a weekly practice test. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bookworm1 said:

I took the HarvardReady course last fall, and I would highly recommend it. I was working a 9-5 job and doing the course work in the evenings. It was not incredibly difficult to keep up with the homework, as long as you keep dedicated. I had to dedicate a couple hours each Sunday and 1 evening a week to the homework. I was also doing PT every Saturday. I would guess that for every 4 hours of lecture, I would have to block off four hours to do the homework. This estimate does not including the time it took me to do a weekly practice test. 

This is what I was hoping for. And now that I am taking it I definitely echo what you said. Though I am slower when I do the practice but it is worth it because I'm seeing improvement for sure.

Edited by NeverTooLate
Typo

On 5/14/2020 at 8:58 PM, navyblue11 said:

I'm taking HarvardReady right now, I'm really enjoying it - my LR and RC, specifically the former, have soared, but I feel like their method for LG doesn't quite click for me. But that being said, I have adopted some of the aspects of their method that I've found helpful, incorporated them into my own and I'm getting near perfects on my PTs in LG, so even still I've managed to soar in LG as well. Yoni is probably the most patient teacher I've ever encountered, and he's always willing to answer questions. I'd highly recommend him and HarvardReady!

That's great, best of luck in your LSAT prep! I heard that HarvardReady cancelled their in-person classes, so how is the online course going for you? I'm thinking of taking it this summer and I'd love to hear your experience.