Blaneys did not hire back and nothing from Cassels yet

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/8/2020 at 4:37 PM, Disputes said:

Whoa 😕 . Can anyone confirm this? 

Is Miller Thomson struggling?

On 5/9/2020 at 9:03 AM, InsertPseudonymHere said:

I’ve heard rumors of bleak numbers from cassels and Blaney can anyone confirm

Both rumours. Neither firm has made any decisions yet. 

3 hours ago, BayStreetSadness19 said:

A former colleague (Bay Street lawyer) wrote this post about not being hired back and I think it contains tons of helpful advice.  Check it out and share if you think it could help someone who didnt get hired back: https://nellymosstaghimi.com/2020/05/11/what-to-do-if-you-werent-hired-back/

This article was surprisingly helpful. Thanks for sharing it.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 6:29 AM, BayStreetSadness19 said:

A former colleague (Bay Street lawyer) wrote this post about not being hired back and I think it contains tons of helpful advice.  Check it out and share if you think it could help someone who didnt get hired back: https://nellymosstaghimi.com/2020/05/11/what-to-do-if-you-werent-hired-back/

Here is part two (Life After Hirebacks Part 2: Writing Your Own Reference Letters) from the same colleague on writing your own reference letter: https://nellymosstaghimi.com/2020/05/14/life-after-hirebacks-part-2-writing-your-own-reference-letters/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, easttowest said:

Wildboer hired back 4/4 students today, I wonder how long it will take precedent to update their list.

Apparently not long!

4 minutes ago, CoffeeandLaw said:

Apparently not long!

Ha, they hadn't the last time I looked. 

That January 2021 start date is wild.

1 minute ago, easttowest said:

Ha, they hadn't the last time I looked. 

That January 2021 start date is wild.

Yeah, that's essentially a 3-5 month furlough, depending on how late into January they start. Brutal 

Just now, BlockedQuebecois said:

Yeah, that's essentially a 3-5 month furlough, depending on how late into January they start. Brutal 

A friend at a management consulting firm also had a start pushed to January 2021 so it's happening elsewhere too.

1 hour ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

For what it's worth, Wildeboer in previous years has offered students a Jan 1 start date as an alternative to the September start. They also issue interest free loans to those hired back to help with the interim between articling and associate employment. 

21 minutes ago, BleedBlue said:

They also issue interest free loans to those hired back to help with the interim between articling and associate employment. 

I get that this is supposed to be a perk but the literal indentured servitude that arises makes me chuckle.

• Like 1