LAWandHOCKEY

Waitlisted Western 2020

Alright well, if anyone is reading ANYTHING that @Lawguy1 posted and trying to understand their own situation, please be aware that he's pulling numbers out of his ass and he has been banned for it. 

Sheesh.

This may be too off subject for this thread, if so someone let me know and I’ll make a new one. Does anyone know if it would be bad to reach out and ask admissions if there has been/will be movement on the wait list? 

I just wonder if Covid has made them want to just have a smaller class size this year rather then go full capacity? Making them forgo accepting off the waitlist.

Another theory is that they are really just a month behind. My wife applied for Western undergrad this year and their email policy is Expect a reply in 2 weeks right now. Apparently they are quite behind. 

28 minutes ago, Baristachamp said:

This may be too off subject for this thread, if so someone let me know and I’ll make a new one. Does anyone know if it would be bad to reach out and ask admissions if there has been/will be movement on the wait list? 

I just wonder if Covid has made them want to just have a smaller class size this year rather then go full capacity? Making them forgo accepting off the waitlist.

Another theory is that they are really just a month behind. My wife applied for Western undergrad this year and their email policy is Expect a reply in 2 weeks right now. Apparently they are quite behind. 

you can ask but you may get a standard answer

1 hour ago, Baristachamp said:

I don't think it could hurt you to ask (If you're uncomfortable you don't have to give them your name) ! But also keep in mind that Western Law Admissions and Undergraduate Admissions are completely separate and run on different schedules/timelines. 

6 hours ago, prelawfemme said:

I don't think it could hurt you to ask (If you're uncomfortable you don't have to give them your name) ! But also keep in mind that Western Law Admissions and Undergraduate Admissions are completely separate and run on different schedules/timelines. 

8 hours ago, Baristachamp said:

I recently called Admissions to ask if they anticipate any movement off the waitlist. They said that the class is currently full and they do not expect many, if any, offers to be made at this point in time. I would say to unfortunately, brace yourself for bad news.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HS18 said:

I recently called Admissions to ask if they anticipate any movement off the waitlist. They said that the class is currently full and they do not expect many, if any, offers to be made at this point in time. I would say to unfortunately, brace yourself for bad news.

Thanks for the update! Saves me the Email. Better luck to everyone next year!

So I did end up sending an email to Western. I asked if they had had much movement on the waitlist and whether they expect there to still be throughout August because none of us had heard of anything. This was their reply:

”Thank you for your inquiry.  I can understand why you are perplexed, as typically we have more movement from the waitlist than we’ve had this year.  So far, we’ve had very little movement.  It’s impossible to know at this point whether there will be much movement in August.  It’s not uncommon for a couple students to change their mind about law school in August.

I regret I cannot be more definitive than this.  We understand the waitlist is an uncertain place to be; unfortunately, this is all I have to share at this time.”

I thought it was interesting that they had less movement this year then others. Hard to know if Covid has had a factor in any of this. Just thought I’d share. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Baristachamp said:

So I did end up sending an email to Western. I asked if they had had much movement on the waitlist and whether they expect there to still be throughout August because none of us had heard of anything. This was their reply:

”Thank you for your inquiry.  I can understand why you are perplexed, as typically we have more movement from the waitlist than we’ve had this year.  So far, we’ve had very little movement.  It’s impossible to know at this point whether there will be much movement in August.  It’s not uncommon for a couple students to change their mind about law school in August.

I regret I cannot be more definitive than this.  We understand the waitlist is an uncertain place to be; unfortunately, this is all I have to share at this time.”

I thought it was interesting that they had less movement this year then others. Hard to know if Covid has had a factor in any of this. Just thought I’d share. 

This is one of the better wording email I have ever seen from an Adm comm staff...

Besides explaining their situation, the writer shows he/she cares about the applicant's feelings.

The "change their mind" line leaves the door open for may be one or two more offers..?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

This is one of the better wording email I have ever seen from an Adm comm staff...

Besides explaining their situation, the writer shows he/she cares about the applicant's feelings.

The "change their mind" line leaves the door open for may be one or two more offers..?

I totally agree, Western has honestly made me want to go there just from the help I have gotten from their admin. They also were great to deal with when I had a problem getting my Winter transcript to upload properly. 

• Like 2