Waitlisted today after Deferred pending grades. 

LSAT: 163

CGPA: 3.56

I'm a mature student just finished second year of Poli Sci Undergrad, applying hoping to head to law school rather than finish my undergrad. For experience I played rugby abroad for a year, ran a property management business and did philanthropic work. 

Posted (edited)

Waitlisted last week, previously had a deferred decision.

cGPA: 3.57
LSAT: 158
L2: Not sure how it was calculated, but prob around 3.64

Edited by petefeet

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 11:34 AM, legallyillegal said:

did anyone hear back from waitlist?

Still waiting as well!

Edited by Hegdis
please note this person was banned for making things up
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, legallyillegal said:

did anyone hear back from waitlist?

still waiting as well! tbh I thought there might've been some movement today since the firm acceptance deadline is fast-approaching next week but, guess not (there was a round around this time last year). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Waitlisted a while back:

cGPA: 3.95 

L2: 3.88 

LSAT: 165 

Edited by Hegdis
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2020 at 12:26 PM, HopefulLawyer97 said:

...what

Yup.. waitlisted in April.

Edited by Hegdis

Posted (edited)

It seems like no offers have been made from the wait list yet. Last year there was some movement right before, and right after the July 2nd deadline. Hoping for the same this year. Do you all know if Western typically emails or calls? I ask because I'm going out of town and will have limited connection to the internet. I want to make sure I catch any communication before the relevant deadline.

Edited by Husns

14 minutes ago, Husns said:

It seems like no offers have been made from the wait list yet. Last year there was some movement right before, and right after the July 2nd deadline. Hoping for the same this year. Do you all know if Western typically emails or calls? I ask because I'm going out of town and will have limited connection to the internet. I want to make sure I catch any communication before the relevant deadline.

I didn't get anything by way of email or phone call. If you receive an offer you'll likely find out through the student portal.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Husns said:

From what I read in the threads last year it looks like people were notified by phone call that they were accepted off the waitlist.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jx98 said:

From what I read in the threads last year it looks like people were notified by phone call that they were accepted off the waitlist.

in the waitlist letter, it says you will be notified by phone call and/or email 

Posted (edited)

So today I will have to diminish my waitlist to Western? Or do acceptances go firm on July 3rd?

Edited by Hegdis
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Lawguy1 said:

So today I will have to diminish my waitlist to Western? Or do acceptances go firm on July 3rd?

they go firm tonight at 11:59pm 

• Thanks 1

Just now, strugglingSFUgal said:

they go firm tonight at 11:59pm 

Do you think Western will send acceptances off of waitlist sometime today? 

2 hours ago, Lawguy1 said:

Do you think Western will send acceptances off of waitlist sometime today? 

I wouldn’t think so 😕

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2020 at 3:21 PM, Jents said:

Waitlisted a while back:

cGPA: 3.95 

L2: 3.88 

LSAT: 165 

Hmmmm are those your OLSAS calculated gpas? Seems like it'd be very unlikely for someone not to be accepted with those stats. (assuming their personal statement isn't horrendous or has a significant error) 

Edited by theboy
edit

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2020 at 5:13 PM, theboy said:

Hmmmm are those your OLSAS calculated gpas? Seems like it'd be very unlikely for someone not to be accepted with those stats. (assuming their personal statement isn't horrendous or has a significant error) 

Yup, my school stats were slightly higher but not by much. Got the waitlist letter back in April, was kind of bummed out but Western was not my first choice so everything is ok! 

Edited by Hegdis

Posted (edited)

I'm going to assume the answer is no but I'll ask anyway: has there been any movement off the waitlist, or has anyone spoken to admissions? It seems that in previous years, almost always, there has been significant movement on the wait list by July... it feels like this is the only year where we've seen virtually no waitlist movement... (at least from those who post on these forums). 

Edited by prelawfemme