Jump to content
Lawyertobe77

Waitlisted Alberta 2020

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Waitlisted this morning. 3.8, 155. Does anyone know likelyhood of getting off the waitlist and/ or how many people they put on the waitlist? From the forum I've heard that the waitlist barely moves. 

Edited by LegallyBlonde14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the wait list email first thing this morning

3.5, 160. 

I've also heard that it hardly moves, but it could be different this year because of covid maybe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted this morning:

3.49 L2 and 158 LSAT

Already accepted an offer from UofC so will be removing myself from the waitlist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

cGPA: very low, don't need that negativity in my life

L2: 3.31

LSAT: 161

Does anyone know how long the waitlist is this year? Doesn't seem like too many folks have posted on this thread so perhaps that's a good sign. And good question Exitpbal, will COVID 19 affect anything this year?

Edited by bettercallsaul69
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 8:07 AM, LegallyBlonde14 said:

Waitlisted this morning. 3.8, 155. Does anyone know likelyhood of getting off the waitlist and/ or how many people they put on the waitlist? From the forum I've heard that the waitlist barely moves. 

Damn, so close to an acceptance with those stats. Surprised you diddnt get in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AJD19 said:

Damn, so close to an acceptance with those stats. Surprised you diddnt get in. 

Hey thanks! Here's hoping I'll get off the waitlist. Haven't heard from any other schools yet either so not feeling that confident with such a mediocre LSAT score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 8:07 AM, LegallyBlonde14 said:

Waitlisted this morning. 3.8, 155. Does anyone know likelyhood of getting off the waitlist and/ or how many people they put on the waitlist? From the forum I've heard that the waitlist barely moves. 

The facebook group for the class of 2023 currently has 257 members including some upper-year admins. Maybe a lot of people in the group have declined though or are waiting on other offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, flyingfish said:

The facebook group for the class of 2023 currently has 257 members including some upper-year admins. Maybe a lot of people in the group have declined though or are waiting on other offers.

Do you mean that people have mentioned on the Facebook group that they are waiting for other places?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, flyingfish said:

The facebook group for the class of 2023 currently has 257 members including some upper-year admins. Maybe a lot of people in the group have declined though or are waiting on other offers.

Actually, many of the people in the Facebook group are in upper years and are probably just in it to help 1L’s and just keep up with what’s going on I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, anj said:

Actually, many of the people in the Facebook group are in upper years and are probably just in it to help 1L’s and just keep up with what’s going on I guess

I said that.

34 minutes ago, Lawyertobe77 said:

Do you mean that people have mentioned on the Facebook group that they are waiting for other places?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flyingfish said:

I said that.

OH i'm sorry I didn't even see that in there. AWKWARD!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold in there guys!

 I know what it's like to be on a waitlist, and once my waitlist>acceptance for another program is finalized I'll drop my Law seat. Good luck, I'm not the only current UofA 0L who's waiting for other offers/waitlists. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been on the waitlist since April! 3.5 L2 GPA, 158 LSAT

Growing very nervous at not having heard back yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 8:40 PM, LawCS said:

Hold in there guys!

 I know what it's like to be on a waitlist, and once my waitlist>acceptance for another program is finalized I'll drop my Law seat. Good luck, I'm not the only current UofA 0L who's waiting for other offers/waitlists. 

Fingers crossed 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just found out that I was waitlisted on April 15th. What a shocking but pleasant surprise this morning!

LSAT: 155, 156, 154 (average 155)

L20 GPA: not sure how they calculated it exactly. I have international exchange credits as part of my L20 GPA. They include INT exchange credits but they don't use WES. I know this because I called them last fall regarding this topic. If they hypothetically used WES for my INT credits then my L20 GPA would sit at 3.65 / 4.0. If you exclude my INT credits, my then L20 would be 3.81 / 4.0. WES gave me two Cs and a B towards my GPA which tarnished my L20 uugghhh

Edited by westcoaster5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 9:07 AM, LegallyBlonde14 said:

Waitlisted this morning. 3.8, 155. Does anyone know likelyhood of getting off the waitlist and/ or how many people they put on the waitlist? From the forum I've heard that the waitlist barely moves. 

Not trying to discourage anyone here, but I can confirm that UAlberta's waitlist doesn't move much (at least from my experience last year). I only remember a couple people (literally one or two posters) getting accepted off the waitlist . My suggestion is that everyone waitlisted at UAlberta should make plans to study somewhere else and let a possible acceptance from UAlberta come as a pleasant surprise. They kept people waiting until the start of classes last year...

Note for context: I failed to gain acceptance off the waitlist last year, but was accepted this year as an upper year transfer student. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Euroguy18 said:

Not trying to discourage anyone here, but I can confirm that UAlberta's waitlist doesn't move much (at least from my experience last year). I only remember a couple people (literally one or two posters) getting accepted off the waitlist . My suggestion is that everyone waitlisted at UAlberta should make plans to study somewhere else and let a possible acceptance from UAlberta come as a pleasant surprise. They kept people waiting until the start of classes last year...

Note for context: I failed to gain acceptance off the waitlist last year, but was accepted this year as an upper year transfer student. 

That's exactly my mindset to UAlberta. Judging by the applicant profile from 2019/2020 I would be surprised but very excited if I received an offer. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-u9luOkViBOYVM2bWFMcmJNcUpOZVBZY0lsTVpyOGRIaGFR/view

Edited by westcoaster5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...