Hi all!

I have been placed on the waitlist at Manitoba. Does anyone know if there is a way to find out if one’s position on the waitlist has changed? Would admissions answer these types of questions?

As far as I am aware, I don't think any offers were made towards the waitlist yet. I think they will just start sending out admissions with an E-mail some time next week (They sent them out on April 15th last year for reference). People would start posting it on this forum if they had already sent some out.

I don't see anywhere on the application portal where I can check the current waitlist. If I didn't check my E-mail, I wouldn't even know I was waitlisted. I think the position on the waitlist remains static, and they just go down the list as they make offers. 

Since, no offers were made yet, it probably won't help by asking admissions. But, I suppose later on, you can ask them how far down the list they made offers so far.

Edited by robobrain

I’ve opted to go to a school closer to home that is offering financial aid so there will be a spot opening up

• Like 1

I would have thought we would have heard by now, didn't the previous offers expire on Friday (may 1st)?

5 minutes ago, figuier said:

I would have thought we would have heard by now, didn't the previous offers expire on Friday (may 1st)?

Many schools, incl Robson Hall, are fairly accommodating for people slow to respond to offers. They give a buffer in case somebody missed it because they didn't get the notif / were sick / etc. I still had the option to accept my offer 5 days after the April 1 deadline, for example.

Plus it takes time to send out offers and follow their proper workflow steps I'm sure.

Just now, Turtles said:

Many schools, incl Robson Hall, are fairly accommodating for people slow to respond to offers. They give a buffer in case somebody missed it because they didn't get the notif / were sick / etc. I still had the option to accept my offer 5 days after the April 1 deadline, for example.

Plus it takes time to send out offers and follow their proper workflow steps I'm sure.

hm, interesting. thanks for that info, I had no idea they were so lax about the deadlines. I suppose I will continue languishing in the valley of despair while waiting lol

• Haha 1

I don’t think there has been any movement. For reference I am waitlisted at 61 and have not been accepted and I saw in the forum that someone who was in position 57 got in last round 

• Thanks 1

Seems like last year people who were in the 70s-80s were getting in around the end of June.  People from Manitoba may be opting to stay in province at a higher rate this year due to Covid, thus accepting offers that they otherwise would have declined. 

• Like 1

Based on the forum there were 4 ppl who declined their acceptance in the last round of offers. Hopefully they release another round of offers soon, maybe closer to the end of June like they have in previous years.

First of all, congratulations to everyone who’s got the offer. In the email in which we were informed about our Waitlist position, it was stated that in July, offers would only be given to the applicants eligible as Manitoba residents. So does that mean that the rest of the waitlisted applicants do not qualify? I do know that the current COVID situation has been causing some delays, but still, there has been no communication from the University for a considerable amount of time

2 hours ago, TalwinderSingh said:

First of all, congratulations to everyone who’s got the offer. In the email in which we were informed about our Waitlist position, it was stated that in July, offers would only be given to the applicants eligible as Manitoba residents. So does that mean that the rest of the waitlisted applicants do not qualify? I do know that the current COVID situation has been causing some delays, but still, there has been no communication from the University for a considerable amount of time

Does this mean starting in July up until the school year starts, or just in the month of July? 

3 hours ago, anj said:

Does this mean starting in July up until the school year starts, or just in the month of July? 

I don’t have any idea. It’s kinda ambiguous. This is what the email stated-

Please note, in July, offers will be made only to applicants who are Manitoba residents at the time of application. At this time, applicants who meet this definition, will be notified of their placement on the Manitoba only rank order list.”

A Manitoba only waitlist will be created in July; from what I've heard this will most likely be next week.  At that point UofM is giving priority to Manitoba residents as they typically stay in province. 

On 7/12/2020 at 12:21 PM, roslym said:

A Manitoba only waitlist will be created in July; from what I've heard this will most likely be next week.  At that point UofM is giving priority to Manitoba residents as they typically stay in province. 

I think it’s been created now. I’m not a Manitoba resident and my decision status says “Refused” due to not making it to the alternate list. Good luck you guys!

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, anj said:

I think it’s been created now. I’m not a Manitoba resident and my decision status says “Refused” due to not making it to the alternate list. Good luck you guys!

I was #75 on the waitlist out of province. I had the same email telling me that since I’m out of province, they’re refusing me lol. SO close, the last waitlist acceptance was #69 a few weeks ago. 

Edited by lindsn