Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all!

I have been placed on the waitlist at Manitoba. Does anyone know if there is a way to find out if one’s position on the waitlist has changed? Would admissions answer these types of questions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I am aware, I don't think any offers were made towards the waitlist yet. I think they will just start sending out admissions with an E-mail some time next week (They sent them out on April 15th last year for reference). People would start posting it on this forum if they had already sent some out.

I don't see anywhere on the application portal where I can check the current waitlist. If I didn't check my E-mail, I wouldn't even know I was waitlisted. I think the position on the waitlist remains static, and they just go down the list as they make offers. 

 

Since, no offers were made yet, it probably won't help by asking admissions. But, I suppose later on, you can ask them how far down the list they made offers so far.

Edited by robobrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve opted to go to a school closer to home that is offering financial aid so there will be a spot opening up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have thought we would have heard by now, didn't the previous offers expire on Friday (may 1st)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, figuier said:

I would have thought we would have heard by now, didn't the previous offers expire on Friday (may 1st)?

Many schools, incl Robson Hall, are fairly accommodating for people slow to respond to offers. They give a buffer in case somebody missed it because they didn't get the notif / were sick / etc. I still had the option to accept my offer 5 days after the April 1 deadline, for example.

Plus it takes time to send out offers and follow their proper workflow steps I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Turtles said:

Many schools, incl Robson Hall, are fairly accommodating for people slow to respond to offers. They give a buffer in case somebody missed it because they didn't get the notif / were sick / etc. I still had the option to accept my offer 5 days after the April 1 deadline, for example.

Plus it takes time to send out offers and follow their proper workflow steps I'm sure.

hm, interesting. thanks for that info, I had no idea they were so lax about the deadlines. I suppose I will continue languishing in the valley of despair while waiting lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think there has been any movement. For reference I am waitlisted at 61 and have not been accepted and I saw in the forum that someone who was in position 57 got in last round 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like last year people who were in the 70s-80s were getting in around the end of June.  People from Manitoba may be opting to stay in province at a higher rate this year due to Covid, thus accepting offers that they otherwise would have declined. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the forum there were 4 ppl who declined their acceptance in the last round of offers. Hopefully they release another round of offers soon, maybe closer to the end of June like they have in previous years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, congratulations to everyone who’s got the offer. In the email in which we were informed about our Waitlist position, it was stated that in July, offers would only be given to the applicants eligible as Manitoba residents. So does that mean that the rest of the waitlisted applicants do not qualify? I do know that the current COVID situation has been causing some delays, but still, there has been no communication from the University for a considerable amount of time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TalwinderSingh said:

First of all, congratulations to everyone who’s got the offer. In the email in which we were informed about our Waitlist position, it was stated that in July, offers would only be given to the applicants eligible as Manitoba residents. So does that mean that the rest of the waitlisted applicants do not qualify? I do know that the current COVID situation has been causing some delays, but still, there has been no communication from the University for a considerable amount of time

Does this mean starting in July up until the school year starts, or just in the month of July? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anj said:

Does this mean starting in July up until the school year starts, or just in the month of July? 

I don’t have any idea. It’s kinda ambiguous. This is what the email stated-

Please note, in July, offers will be made only to applicants who are Manitoba residents at the time of application. At this time, applicants who meet this definition, will be notified of their placement on the Manitoba only rank order list.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Manitoba only waitlist will be created in July; from what I've heard this will most likely be next week.  At that point UofM is giving priority to Manitoba residents as they typically stay in province. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 12:21 PM, roslym said:

A Manitoba only waitlist will be created in July; from what I've heard this will most likely be next week.  At that point UofM is giving priority to Manitoba residents as they typically stay in province. 

I think it’s been created now. I’m not a Manitoba resident and my decision status says “Refused” due to not making it to the alternate list. Good luck you guys!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, anj said:

I think it’s been created now. I’m not a Manitoba resident and my decision status says “Refused” due to not making it to the alternate list. Good luck you guys!

I was #75 on the waitlist out of province. I had the same email telling me that since I’m out of province, they’re refusing me lol. SO close, the last waitlist acceptance was #69 a few weeks ago. 

Edited by lindsn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • You sure about that rate, it seems like a really low rate for a first year associate
    • Is this for non Bay St firms only or does this include Bay St firms?
    • you too can get into law school with an lsat in the 140's :)))  I was accepted back in February but haven't had a chance to post!  LSAT: 145 last year, then 147 in November CGPA: 3.5 B2: 3.8  I believe I had an intensely strong application and references aside from these stats, as last year I was waitlisted at Queen's and Windsor (I did not apply to Ryerson last cycle) 
    • I think we had a period of overlap (I was at the faculty from Sept 2013 to December 2016). With respect to the rest, I think we're in general agreement. My point isn't that diversity doesn't exist or that it shouldn't be recognized. Of course it exists and of course we should take it into consideration but we should also keep in mind that it can present itself in very nuanced ways that you won't be able to pick up on unless you make an effort to get to know the person as an individual.
    • Many firms opted to cheap out during the annual compensation review. Instead of the usual annual raises, some firms provided cost of living increases (e.g. 2%) to their associates, even those who were dangerously closed to hitting their billable hours target. Now those same firms are dishing out retention bonuses to retain their associates. Too little too late, in some cases.  What has really frustrated associates is that some of these firms either exceeded or fell just below their original budgets for 2020. 

×
×
  • Create New...