kmon

Deferred Decision

4 hours ago, binggou said:

Received a deferred decision on April 23! (LSAT 166 / cGPA 3.2 / previously L2 3.6). Just sent in my new transcript a few days ago and hoping they'll update me soon.

My final grades barely budge my cGPA, but my average for just the last year that they don't have turned out to be a 3.95, so I'm optimistic that they'll be happy with that.

Very good shot in that case.

3 hours ago, binggou said:

Not me; very curious how long it usually takes for them to follow up.

I chose 'end of term- winter' as my timing option for my transcript request on Olsas. And ever since, my undergrad program's transcript center website shows that they've been requested to send my official transcript to Olsas on June 3rd. So I reckon Western will most likely start receiving and looking at our (deferred people) final transcripts around that time...(?)

The Olsas deadline for final transcripts is June 30th so Western might delay looking at our transcripts until July! 😬 

Of course this is all speculation!

I have received word from western regarding the deferred decision timeframe: "Out of fairness to the group of applicants who received the same deferral decision, we plan to wait until more final transcripts arrive before assessing who is most competitive overall.  We expect to communicate admission decisions between May 25th and June 6th."

• Thanks 2

just a quick question! because of the deferred decision, i sent in all my final grades earlier this month. however, 'final official transcript' according to olsas means final grades and degree conferral information. So, are those people who are are also deferred re-submitting their transcript once the degree conferral stuff comes in? thank you!

3 hours ago, plantlova123 said:

just a quick question! because of the deferred decision, i sent in all my final grades earlier this month. however, 'final official transcript' according to olsas means final grades and degree conferral information. So, are those people who are are also deferred re-submitting their transcript once the degree conferral stuff comes in? thank you!

519-661-3347
[email protected]