capitalttruth

Anyone else haven't heard back yet?

Anyone else still under evaluation? What are your stats, and why do you think you haven't heard back yet?

Getting a little frustrated. Seeing lots of people get in with my stats or lower. My cGPA is 3.4 (3.5 after winter marks are uploaded), 3.9 L2, 164 LSAT. I applied Access, for the third time. Wondering if this whole process is random; I called back in March and they said they haven't looked at my file yet. Maybe the delays due to the virus are what's causing it. 

Anyone else still in limbo? When do you expect to hear back?

Bruh you gotta just chill. Dont you get sick of the years of admissions posts. Just focus on your life, put it out of your mind, and you'll get in when you get in. No sense worrying so much about it. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, AJD19 said:

Bruh you gotta just chill. Dont you get sick of the years of admissions posts. Just focus on your life, put it out of your mind, and you'll get in when you get in. No sense worrying so much about it. 

At risk of exposing myself, I don't really have a life outside of this, especially right now during quarantine. Can't really plan, or focus on other aspects of your life with such a big prospect hanging over you like this. I guess going through this for 3 years now has just made me more frustrated, impatient, and anxious. I've also done so much to improve my application so it really drives these anxious feelings. I'll keep waiting though, no other choice.

Edited by capitalttruth
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

My friend, you've been on this forum for four years and three admissions cycles, and have been so fixated on getting into a few select schools the whole time that you passed on two offers from perfectly good schools last year. 

If you get an offer from any Canadian school this year or next, go. I know you have genuine mental health concerns, but three years of waiting and anxiety hasn't done your mental health any good, either. You can find mental health supports in other cities across Canada, but you can't become a lawyer if you never start law school.  

Edited by Tagger
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Tagger said:

My friend, you've been on this forum for four years and three admissions cycles, and have been so fixated on getting into a few select schools the whole time that you passed on two offers from perfectly good schools last year. 

If you get an offer from any Canadian school this year or next, go. I know you have genuine mental health concerns, but three years of waiting and anxiety hasn't done your mental health any good, either. You can find mental health supports in other cities across Canada, but you can't become a lawyer if you never start law school.  

You're right, it hasn't! Three years of waiting have been hell. This year is the year. If uOttawa doesn't give me an offer, my most recent completed coursework gives me a 3.9 L2 which I think will get me into Queen's. They are just waiting on my winter grades to come in. I will be going there for sure if UOttawa doesn't give me an offer. My ultimate intention is to start this September at one of the four schools I applied to (uOttawa, Queen's, Western, Osgoode).

Edited by capitalttruth
  • Like 3

It blows my mind that you haven’t been admitted with those stats at at least the L2/B2 schools. The only reason I can think of would be that the schools aren’t putting the same emphasis on your new grades (because they were taken after you already completed your first undergrad). I know some schools say it doesn’t matter, but it must to some extent. 

I get the sense that things might be slower this cycle. I really think (hope?) that more acceptances are coming especially for schools like Western and Queen's

Ottawa makes no sense. In the 2017 cycle they kept my partner, who had a 3.9 cGPA (FROM Ottawa!!) and a 165 waiting until April, after she had already been accepted at Western, Queens, Osgoode, Windsor (twice, somehow) and waitlisted at U of T.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, easttowest said:

Ottawa makes no sense. In the 2017 cycle they kept my partner, who had a 3.9 cGPA (FROM Ottawa!!) and a 165 waiting until April, after she had already been accepted at Western, Queens, Osgoode, Windsor (twice, somehow) and waitlisted at U of T.

Ya Ottawa is outlandish for sure. 2018 cycle i was like 150+ on waitlist. With the same stats in 2019 i got in relatively early. 

Edited by AJD19

2 hours ago, Husns said:

I get the sense that things might be slower this cycle. I really think (hope?) that more acceptances are coming especially for schools like Western and Queen's

I didn't know that was possible. Maybe we'll hear by Christmas whether we're accepted for September 2020. 

• Haha 2

3.3cGPA, 3.93 L2, 168 LSAT. Haven't heard anything but it's understandable given my low cgpa. Haven't heard anything form Queens either, which is more frustrating because it's an L2 school.. 

I have heard nothing yet as well but no point in worrying. 

On 4/3/2020 at 5:08 AM, capitalttruth said:

You're right, it hasn't! Three years of waiting have been hell. This year is the year. If uOttawa doesn't give me an offer, my most recent completed coursework gives me a 3.9 L2 which I think will get me into Queen's. They are just waiting on my winter grades to come in. I will be going there for sure if UOttawa doesn't give me an offer. My ultimate intention is to start this September at one of the four schools I applied to (uOttawa, Queen's, Western, Osgoode).

I had my heart set on Ottawa then got into Queens and Osgoode. Never heard back from Ottawa even though that was the only school I was told I would get into lol. Just be patient you'll get in eventually. Looking back on that application cycle though...it feels like a huge blur.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, throwaway1001 said:

Whats your cGPA?

I believe it’s around 3.3. Was a varsity athlete and played professional soccer over seas that’s why it’s a little low! 

Edited by Lawguy1

Posted (edited)

I just saw an access acceptance come in, the first April one. I really hope they do a wave of acceptances that are general as well...

EDIT: sorry I thought this thread was for Queen's not Ottawa

Edited by Husns

4 minutes ago, Lawguy1 said:

I believe it’s around 3.3. Was a varsity athlete and played professional soccer over seas that’s why it’s a little low! 

Best of luck to you! :)

• Like 1