AlwaysHopeful

Rejected McGill 2020

Refused today! 

CGPA: 3.86 / 4.0

McGill BA Honours. 

To all those still waiting, I wish you guys good luck. I truly understand the stress. Stay positive -- I got accepted to my dream school. It all works out. 

7 hours ago, lawblondie said:

Refused today! 

CGPA: 3.86 / 4.0

McGill BA Honours. 

To all those still waiting, I wish you guys good luck. I truly understand the stress. Stay positive -- I got accepted to my dream school. It all works out. 

Sorry to hear that, but I’m glad that you got into your dream school. Do you mind sharing whether you received an email, or if you just noticed that your minerva status changed?

Posted (edited)

Rejected today - but I didn’t submit any additional letter of interest , and would have likely turned down an offer regardless. I just started a new job that pays more than I’d make as a lawyer, and unfortunately, the raw math of opportunity cost makes law school just... not worth it

For those of you still waiting, it seems like the class is very much full and the email stated that “interest in the class” was very, very positive, and so it seems like it has filled up. There may be a few more spots, but there’s probably not much more movement.

Congrats to the new incoming class, and best of luck to all future applicants!

Edited by BeltOfScotch

12 hours ago, BeltOfScotch said:

Rejected today - but I didn’t submit any additional letter of interest , and would have likely turned down an offer regardless. I just started a new job that pays more than I’d make as a lawyer, and unfortunately, the raw math of opportunity cost makes law school just... not worth it

For those of you still waiting, it seems like the class is very much full and the email stated that “interest in the class” was very, very positive, and so it seems like it has filled up. There may be a few more spots, but there’s probably not much more movement.

Congrats to the new incoming class, and best of luck to all future applicants!

Congrats on your new job! It sounds like you're taking the decision in stride and have a solid plan. 

You've been really active on this forum and it has not gone unappreciated. Your questions and insights have been consistently helpful. Out of curiosity, when did you receive your waitlist notification? 

"Refused - Ltd Space Available" this morning. 

3.90/4 GPA (self-calculated), 4.06 CAS GPA (LSAC). BA, MSc. 

Decent softs, much better after this year out of school.

I think LORs were at least decent so I'm guessing personal statement must have therefore been bad lol.

Wrote the LSAT in July, got 17x so I look at this as a blessing and am very much looking forward to this next admissions cycle. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

"Refused - Ltd Space Available" just now. 

Was waitlisted with a 3.68 GPA. 

Sucks but life goes on and i will be reapplying! 

Good luck to everyone else still waiting and stay strong!