Sign in to follow this  
BestCaseOntario

!!Questions About Provisionally Accepting

I just have a few questions regarding my law school admissions. For background, I have been admitted to Windsor, but not my top choices of Western and Queens. With the deadline for provisional acceptances fast approaching, I am wondering what the ramifications would be if I were to accept Windsor.

I see that my provisional acceptance to Windsor would become firm on July 1st. After this point, if I wish to cancel my admission and reapply next year, could I still be able to do this? I don't know when the first payment would be required. I would like to keep my options as open as possible as far as the summer as I can.

Additionally, do you know if schools still show strong consideration to people who have provisionally accepted offers from other schools?

Thank you so much for your help, the deadline is approaching so quickly!

Posted (edited)

Provisionally accepting offers will not affect your other offers. Additionally, if your Windsor offer goes firm after July 1st (or is it June 1st?) you will be required to pay the deposit even if you choose to go somewhere else after that. 

Edited by curiouslegal

1 hour ago, curiouslegal said:

Provisionally accepting offers will not affect your other offers. Additionally, if your Windsor offer goes firm after July 1st (or is it June 1st?) you will be required to pay the deposit even if you choose to go somewhere else after that. 

Okay, so I would still be eligible for wait list considerations to Queen's after my acceptance goes firm on July 1? If the only penalty for accepting Windsor is a deposit then I will absolutely pay that to keep my options open. Thanks. 

Does anyone happen to know how much that deposit would be though?...

2 hours ago, curiouslegal said:

To clarify, for others who may be reading this. If you have more than one offer of admission, you can decide to provisionally accept only one. Any other offers that you have received will then be canceled. You can then wait for other offers from schools who have not yet replied, up until whatever the firm acceptance date is - usually late June/early July. A firm acceptance will then cancel any outstanding waitlists, unless something has changed in this cycle, as far as I know from previous cycles.  Confirm with OLSAS.

• Like 1