Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BestCaseOntario

!!Questions About Provisionally Accepting

Recommended Posts

I just have a few questions regarding my law school admissions. For background, I have been admitted to Windsor, but not my top choices of Western and Queens. With the deadline for provisional acceptances fast approaching, I am wondering what the ramifications would be if I were to accept Windsor.
 
I see that my provisional acceptance to Windsor would become firm on July 1st. After this point, if I wish to cancel my admission and reapply next year, could I still be able to do this? I don't know when the first payment would be required. I would like to keep my options as open as possible as far as the summer as I can.
 
Additionally, do you know if schools still show strong consideration to people who have provisionally accepted offers from other schools?
 
Thank you so much for your help, the deadline is approaching so quickly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Provisionally accepting offers will not affect your other offers. Additionally, if your Windsor offer goes firm after July 1st (or is it June 1st?) you will be required to pay the deposit even if you choose to go somewhere else after that. 

Edited by curiouslegal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, curiouslegal said:

Provisionally accepting offers will not affect your other offers. Additionally, if your Windsor offer goes firm after July 1st (or is it June 1st?) you will be required to pay the deposit even if you choose to go somewhere else after that. 

Okay, so I would still be eligible for wait list considerations to Queen's after my acceptance goes firm on July 1? If the only penalty for accepting Windsor is a deposit then I will absolutely pay that to keep my options open. Thanks. 

Does anyone happen to know how much that deposit would be though?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, curiouslegal said:

Provisionally accepting offers will not affect your other offers. Additionally, if your Windsor offer goes firm after July 1st (or is it June 1st?) you will be required to pay the deposit even if you choose to go somewhere else after that. 

To clarify, for others who may be reading this. If you have more than one offer of admission, you can decide to provisionally accept only one. Any other offers that you have received will then be canceled. You can then wait for other offers from schools who have not yet replied, up until whatever the firm acceptance date is - usually late June/early July. A firm acceptance will then cancel any outstanding waitlists, unless something has changed in this cycle, as far as I know from previous cycles.  Confirm with OLSAS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • Couldn't find an email, but apparently I'll be joining you fine people in the Fall. Best 2: 4.0/4.3 LSAT: 161 Strong Sask. connection.
    • Not my point.  I just think if you're one to carry water for some miscellaneous, anonymous corporate/commercial firm like you did, then you pretty clearly are not "not one to defend unpaid labour." 
    • Hey everyone, First of all I want to congratulate everyone who received their May LSAT scores today! Reading everyone’s posts made me excited to start my journey towards taking my first LSAT! I’ve been reading this thread religiously lately to search for an answer to my question, however my situation is unique and thought I’d make a post to see if anybody has experienced a similar scenario in the past.  I am 21 years old and a recent community college graduate. I’ve taken a couple gap years; one after high school, and now this one as I have been working since I graduated college last summer. My plan has always been to go to law school, and I am starting to work on obtaining my undergraduate degree in the upcoming fall. Thanks to my college diploma, I have been granted transfer credits from the university which I’ll be attending and will be able to graduate in 3 years instead of the traditional 4, following a normal 5 courses per term work load.  This raised some questions in my mind as to when the best time would be to take the LSAT, since I want to give myself a year to study for it before taking it. I am currently planning on taking the test in June the year before I plan to start law school, to allow myself some room for retakes if needed. If I start studying for the LSAT next summer (2021) and take it the following year (2022) I’ll only have 2 years worth of university grades for law schools to use to determine my CGPA, where as if I take the LSAT after I graduate undergrad I’ll have to take another gap year until I potentially start law school the following fall, which I would like to avoid if possible. I know some law schools will send out conditional acceptances based on your final year of grades if they only have a couple of years worth of university grades to look at, so I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat and what everyone’s thoughts and experiences are. I guess it boils down to when you think the best time would be for myself to take the LSAT and not put my application at a disadvantage.  Sorry for the long post!
    • Hello everyone! The university's plans to put classes online in the fall (and maybe beyond) as well as the ongoing COVID-19 situation means that I'll likely be staying home in Ontario for the first semester (and maybe the whole first year.)  Which leads to the question from the title up top. Is the UofA student health benefits plan usable in Ontario? Thanks in advance! 

×
×
  • Create New...