Jump to content
Mydream123

Update for those who are waiting still

Recommended Posts

Emailed Ryerson and thought this would be useful for those who are waiting still:

They are actively reviewing applications and will be issuing offers until the end of this week.  After the confirmation have been reconciled they will issue more offers if they have space availability.  Wait list and denial decisions will be issued after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mydream123 said:

Emailed Ryerson and thought this would be useful for those who are waiting still:

They are actively reviewing applications and will be issuing offers until the end of this week.  After the confirmation have been reconciled they will issue more offers if they have space availability.  Wait list and denial decisions will be issued after that.

So today is the last day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lawguy1 said:

So today is the last day?

I guess so. People have till April 1st to accept the school they are choosing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this makes it sound as though the class is going to full soon I wonder how many people will actually accept their offers! 

Edited by jatthopefullawyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

this makes it sound as though the class is going to full soon I wonder how many people will actually accept their offers! 

Same! I feel like some people will accept and then just transfer the 2nd year to a more well known school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I haven't declined my offer yet is because I was holding out to see if Ryerson would offer a scholarship. That funding could make a material difference in my decision. They had originally planned to announce scholarship decisions before April 1, but then extended the deadline, twice -- and scholarship applications remain open with no firm deadline in sight. I would bet a sizable number of accepted students will choose other offers in light of financial considerations, so it is a shame they didn't communicate scholarships before the deadline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Turtles said:

The only reason I haven't declined my offer yet is because I was holding out to see if Ryerson would offer a scholarship. That funding could make a material difference in my decision. They had originally planned to announce scholarship decisions before April 1, but then extended the deadline, twice -- and scholarship applications remain open with no firm deadline in sight. I would bet a sizable number of accepted students will choose other offers in light of financial considerations, so it is a shame they didn't communicate scholarships before the deadline. 

what school are you accepting in Ontario? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

what school are you accepting in Ontario? 

Queen's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mydream123 said:

Emailed Ryerson and thought this would be useful for those who are waiting still:

They are actively reviewing applications and will be issuing offers until the end of this week.  After the confirmation have been reconciled they will issue more offers if they have space availability.  Wait list and denial decisions will be issued after that.

They said this to me too because I unfortunately never saw the email to update transcripts on OLSAS so I had to email them about it,  the way I took the end of the email is we will hear until Sunday. The lady who emailed me also said my file is complete and under review so I do not know if I should take that as a positive or negative 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Npotter1 said:

They said this to me too because I unfortunately never saw the email to update transcripts on OLSAS so I had to email them about it,  the way I took the end of the email is we will hear until Sunday. The lady who emailed me also said my file is complete and under review so I do not know if I should take that as a positive or negative 

She told previously like a few days ago before this that my file was waiting to be reviewed by the last person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mydream123 said:

She told previously like a few days ago before this that my file was waiting to be reviewed by the last person.

What was the number you called? I’d like to call aswell. If you don’t mind me asking. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mydream123 said:

She told previously like a few days ago before this that my file was waiting to be reviewed by the last person.

Hopefully we will find out soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lawguy1 said:

What was the number you called? I’d like to call aswell. If you don’t mind me asking. Thanks! 

It wasn’t a number, I just emailed them. They respond pretty fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 7:39 PM, Mydream123 said:

It wasn’t a number, I just emailed them. They respond pretty fast.

What did you guy say in your e-mail? I would also like to e-mail but not directly ask the status of my application 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, legallyillegal said:

What did you guy say in your e-mail? I would also like to e-mail but not directly ask the status of my application 

Lol I directly asked for my application status.. ahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, I emailed today and they said they are still reviewing applications and they may issue more offers after the April 1st deadline. Interesting how they haven’t actually reviewed all the applications yet, proves that it depends where you are in the queue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lawguy1 said:

Hey everyone, I emailed today and they said they are still reviewing applications and they may issue more offers after the April 1st deadline. Interesting how they haven’t actually reviewed all the applications yet, proves that it depends where you are in the queue. 

Interesting! It's weird they said they "may" considering they don't know how many people will actually be accepting the offer. They do have 150 seats to fill so I'm guessing they would have to issue more offers after April 1st just like any other school!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lawguy1 said:

Hey everyone, I emailed today and they said they are still reviewing applications and they may issue more offers after the April 1st deadline. Interesting how they haven’t actually reviewed all the applications yet, proves that it depends where you are in the queue. 

if they are reviewing people with poor stats before, then it is definitely not fair. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saying that they are still reviewing applications doesn't mean that they haven't looked at them once already. Let's not turn this into a discussion of Ryerson's fairness in assessment. I don't know of any Canadian law school who has completed their assessment, so that means that there is still a process of review occurring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • Your grades are quite good so I would apply broadly and cross my fingers. The only Canadian law school I've seen that accepts a lot of US transfers from bottom tier schools is U of T. But your grades have to be really good. I'm not sure how they will view your B's. Good luck. 
    • yeah it was a mistake. I posted this in law students when I meant to post in articling students and lawyers and I couldn't delete it after it had been posted. I think I mentioned it in this thread or the one that you linked. 
    • There's been a lot of focus here on IQ but one of the things that makes a good lawyer is a heavy measure of EQ and our friend here McGillicutty has demonstrated why many of my former STEM colleagues lack even a smidgen of EQ.
    • The only thing that matters is that you can get funding at a good interest rate. Scotia has the best offerings, but that doesn't mean that you're out of options if they decline you. In my experience, the bank that you have the longest history with is the one that usually helps you out in situations where your credit isn't up to snuff. 
    • I think you are slightly confused maybemaybe, so I can clear this up for you:  2 year applicants are those that are in their second year of their undergrad degree (will have 60-89 completed credits) by the time they enter law school and they are the ones who require exceptional stats (3.7 and 90th percentile); see excerpt from https://apps.admissions.ualberta.ca/programs/la/la020 ("There is no direct entry from high school into the Juris Doctor program (JD). Exceptional students may be admitted to the program after completing two years of university study with a minimum GPA of 3.7 and 90th percentile Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score. All other students must have completed at least the first three years of a degree before being admitted to the JD."). This applies when you apply in your second year of undergrad.  3rd year applicants are those that are in their 3rd year of university and who will have 90 or more credits by the time they enter law school and they are treated the same as those with degrees. Excerpt from same website " All other students must have completed at least the first three years of a degree before being admitted to the JD." This applies when you apply in your third year of undergrad.  Hope this clears everything up! 

×
×
  • Create New...