Sign in to follow this  
Abf15

Accepting Offer?

For those who have been accepted to TRU and received the email today from the dean extending the deadline...how can I accept the offer without paying the fee, considering the fee is no longer due until May (yay!). I thought originally that you accepted the seat by paying, but now I am not sure how I go about accepting!

1 hour ago, Abf15 said:

For those who have been accepted to TRU and received the email today from the dean extending the deadline...how can I accept the offer without paying the fee, considering the fee is no longer due until May (yay!). I thought originally that you accepted the seat by paying, but now I am not sure how I go about accepting!

What day in May?

I had the same question so I emailed them to clarify today.  You have two weeks from the date that your commitment fee was originally due to accept or decline your offer - which is a new thing that they have not done before, all you have to do is call or email TRU to inform them of your decision.  Your commitment fee is not due until May 31.  Eg. The deadline for my commitment fee was originally March 28, now I have to inform them if I wish to accept or decline by April 11, but I do not have to pay my commitment fee until May 31. 

They are doing the best they can to not slow down the admission process while also being considerate of the uncertainty and unstable financial situation many people are in right now. So what you can do is accept, but still forgo your seat before May 31 without paying. 

Oh boy, is this extension going to cause an even greater delay for those of us who haven't heard back yet? Can't imagine having to wait till the end up May....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, STEM2LAW said:

Oh boy, is this extension going to cause an even greater delay for those of us who haven't heard back yet? Can't imagine having to wait till the end up May....

Yup it clearly is lol. Literally sucks

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Anonym0us said:

I had the same question so I emailed them to clarify today.  You have two weeks from the date that your commitment fee was originally due to accept or decline your offer - which is a new thing that they have not done before, all you have to do is call or email TRU to inform them of your decision.  Your commitment fee is not due until May 31.  Eg. The deadline for my commitment fee was originally March 28, now I have to inform them if I wish to accept or decline by April 11, but I do not have to pay my commitment fee until May 31. 

They are doing the best they can to not slow down the admission process while also being considerate of the uncertainty and unstable financial situation many people are in right now. So what you can do is accept, but still forgo your seat before May 31 without paying. 

This was really helpful thank you!

damn this sucks for people who are still waiting. I do not want to have to wait up to May to decide my future...but then again nothing is for certain in life...what's a few more months? -.-