sq709

uVic JD/JID 2020

Hey all! Wanted to start a thread for folks accepted into the JD/JID for 2020 - who here has accepted the offers? We're a pretty small class (around 20 people I think) so it might be nice to get to know each other!

-Avery

I agree, thanks for starting this thread! I’ve accepted my offer into the JD/JID program as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone :) 

So pumped for our program. I accepted the offer right away. 

7 minutes ago, dodem said:

So pumped for our program. I accepted the offer right away. 

Literally sent my deposit the day of lol 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 2:39 PM, M1995 said:

Literally sent my deposit the day of lol 

I'm super excited too! It took me like 2 months to decide because choices are HARD but I am suuuper happy with my decision and I definitely think it was the right one :D

• Like 3

Hiii! I'm just wrapping up my first year in the JD/JID and wanted to reach out and say we (my cohort) are SO stoked to meet you guys!! Feel free to message me if you have any questions :) 

• Like 4

hey folks! just learned about this forum. love the idea of having this thread! thanks for starting it @sq709

I accepted the offer right away, this was my dream program and the only one I applied for! looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next few years.

I was just wondering what the indigenous/non-indigenous split was on this post. 

I am starting to be a bit jealous, as someone who's just doing the JD. It seems like all the cool kids in class are doing the JID. ;) Hopefully the rest of us still get exposed to some cool ideas by osmosis - although that will be more difficult to do when we're all distancing!

-GM

5 hours ago, GrumpyMountie said:

I am starting to be a bit jealous, as someone who's just doing the JD. It seems like all the cool kids in class are doing the JID. ;) Hopefully the rest of us still get exposed to some cool ideas by osmosis - although that will be more difficult to do when we're all distancing!

-GM

Second this 200%! Hope you all will share/talk extensively about some of the very cool things you will be learning. :D

• Like 1