1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 912

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 240

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   40 Members, 1 Anonymous, 106 Guests (See full list)

• mimi123
    • HopefulStudy
    • FutureLStudent
    • Ben
    • GoatDuck
    • Mia
    • Chef Justice
    • acatinthesun
    • Tuesdaysgone
    • ainorhcue
    • Himommies
    • cptn_Canuck
    • Aschenbach
    • e4bu
    • lawhopeful1234
    • B_Stone
    • TobyFlenderson
    • ZineZ
    • SN11
    • tobi
    • Bt03330
    • Dghoul
    • Diplock
    • Kimura
    • Kibitzer
    • mac101
    • CuriousEagle
    • MissRepresented
    • Big Pecker
    • notterrible
    • BondGuy
    • Conge
    • traveller
    • prelaw133
    • Lawhopeful123
    • LMP
    • WhoKnows
    • chaboywb
    • Jess222
    • soundofconfusion

• Recent Posts

• Whist
      Given you're still in the admissions cycle and not currently in 1L, I would in your shoes just wait and reapply next year to get the school you want if it doesn't happen this one. Unless you're okay with the good likelihood of having to do your whole JD at the Ontario school(s) you've been accepted to. There's no reason you need to start law school right now to the point of accepting an offer with full intent to try and get out of that offer, for the reasons GoatDuck has stated.
    • FourteenWishes
      @lawstudentthree @Notworthy   Hello,   Any updates on this? Were you able to get transferred?
    • GoatDuck
      You generally need very good grades in 1L and a good reason for transfer. It's a black box; the only info out there is what's on the website and personal experiences of students who've attempted transferring. Others can shed more light on this, but I think that an average student should expect that they will not be able to transfer.  
    • FourteenWishes
      Provisionally accepted since March. Waiting to hear back from a couple other schools. Stats 159/4.0
    • FourteenWishes
      Hello, Currently admitted 1L in Ontario. Desperately hoping to transfer to Alberta (UofC or UofA) for 2L. What are the chances? Any current transfer students? The school websites are vague to say the least. I have reached out to the schools directly, and they just copy and paste what the website says. Trying to get a sense of realistic chance of this happening. Any insight appreciated! Thanks for reading.
    • cborliidnge
      Hello all I possess somewhat unique softs on top of pretty decent standard stats and was wondering what schools would be most likely to additionally factor them in.  I have a Diploma in Heritage Carpentry w/honours (indicating only a high grade average) and two years working in the field.  On top of that I am working towards a standard B.A in an honours program, having just finished my third year. GPA is likely a bit higher as I have several additional transfer courses that my institution doesn't factor in its calculation. And in addition to those, I have some more pretty regular softs -Multiple club involvements, a few volunteering engagements -Partially working during school year, quite varied work experience in general compared to most applicants -Volunteer First Responder w/ St.Johns Ambulance I'm holding out for new August LSAT but anticipate a mark in the 160-165 range barring either a disaster or miracle.   So in short, which schools would my additional two year diploma and other softs be more likely to be a positive factor? I think I've got an unusually strong holistic application. Thanks!  
    • FourteenWishes
      Hello, Currently admitted 1L in Ontario. Desperately hoping to transfer to Alberta (UofC or UofA) for 2L. What are the chances? Any current transfer students? The school websites are vague to say the least. I have reached out to the schools directly, and they just copy and paste what the website says. Trying to get a sense of realistic chance of this happening. Any insight appreciated! Thanks for reading
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.