cguy

Recent Changes to the Grading System

26 minutes ago, anj said:

Someone tell me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure the U of A will just take the GPA from the L2 only, meaning it won’t be 60 credits worth of grades they’re looking at, but instead 45. And the remaining 15 credits from Winter 2020 are only required to have a pass or CR score on them. But they won’t go back a semester further. 

Is this confirmed?? It definitely makes sense to take the most recent 45 credits now

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Meek19 said:

I am very worried about this as well. I have a 4.0 this semester and I go to a school (undergrad) that is honoring letter grades so I wish the U of A would give a choice. I.e include your winter grades or a prior term. If they include a prior term I am going to have to take additional classes to bump them out. My two worst classes were back to back in the last term before my L2. 

A friend emailed admissions (for the U of A Education program so I understand it is not the same) and for that program they will be excluding this terms grades and taking the semester prior into consideration instead. 

-----

Edited by keepgoing11

1 hour ago, jdhopeful16 said:

Is this confirmed?? It definitely makes sense to take the most recent 45 credits now

I don't think any of this is actually confirmed. Whether they take 45, or they go back a semester and still take last 60 is all up in the air still.

1 hour ago, cguy said:

I don't think any of this is actually confirmed. Whether they take 45, or they go back a semester and still take last 60 is all up in the air still.

It’s not confirmed but I feel like on their website they purposely word the announcement in such a confusing way that it doesn’t really clarify anything for anyone applying for admission.  

But  (I’ve heard this from friends and family who go to the u of a) I believe they keep saying they’ll only look at the last two years if that’s what they normally would do in any given year for admission into a program. So they wouldn’t look a semester further back. Again, not confirmed, this is just what I think.