marsbar

PLOC stress/ Contact info for bank reps for PLOC - BC Resident

Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone had the contact info for any bank reps that really advocated for them for a PLOC. I'm really nervous about getting approved for one - I don't have someone who could co sign for me. 

I've never defaulted/ made late payments on a payments on my Visa card (the only indication of credit I have), but my credit utilization wasn't great. I wasn't aware that that was such a huge factor, and paid off my card completely since checking Equifax and seeing that it was affecting my score (on feb 29). I was advised by a friend who works in finance that once paying off my card (so Long that I have no defaults/ late payments on record), my score should go up in a couple months. My score isn't bad, but it is below the Canadian average. Hopefully I can bring it up in the upcoming months by keeping my card utilization at 0%.

If you guys have any information on particular representatives that helped you, I would really appreciate the information! You can message me directly if that suits you.

I will also note that I'm a BC resident and hoping for representatives in BC. 

As many on the forms have stated, check out Scotiabank's PSLOC. They have an entire sheet of contacts that are familiar with law school and the PSLOC process of each school, check out the contact for the school you're going to... god I should get paid by Scotibank as this is the 2nd time I've posted about them LOL
Scotiabank_SPSP_representative_English.pdf

2 hours ago, AutumnBleed said:

As many on the forms have stated, check out Scotiabank's PSLOC. They have an entire sheet of contacts that are familiar with law school and the PSLOC process of each school, check out the contact for the school you're going to... god I should get paid by Scotibank as this is the 2nd time I've posted about them LOL

I was asking for representatives based on personal experience - as it has been noted in many forums, some reps advocate for applicants much more than others. 

However, thank you for sharing! Much appreciated.

If you aren't able to get any concrete leads, I will say that a meeting with an advisor will usually tell you whether they will advocate for you or not. Make sure they know what they're doing, and that they have extensive experience with PSLOCs. The first advisor I went to didn't. He was completely out to lunch and suggested an obscene interest rate compared to what other students typically get.

Just don't fill out an application until the person basically assures you 100% you will be getting Prime and whatever added bonus your bank throws in. 

update: I got approved! A paralegal I work with connected me with an amazing bank rep from scota in BC. I've gotten his permission to share his contact info, so if anyone would like it, DM me!

On 3/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, AutumnBleed said:

Do you know if there's an updated list with Ryerson? I looked online but can't find anything.

9 hours ago, STEM2LAW said:

Do you know if there's an updated list with Ryerson? I looked online but can't find anything.

No clue, try the UofT and Osgoode reps... should be the same ig

• Like 2