strugglingSFUgal

Chances for Queen's after this semester?

15 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

I'm very surprised you haven't heard anything. Your stats are incredible. I imagine there was nothing wrong with your PS, was it tailored to Queen's?

I'm worried I won't be considered once my Winter grades come back now, if you haven't been accepted yet! I have similar stats (once grades come in): 3.5cGPA, 3.9 L2, 164 LSAT.

Maybe they’re late? I haven’t heard back yet either L2: 3.7x (84%) LSAT: 160

27 minutes ago, Lawguy1 said:

Maybe they’re late? I haven’t heard back yet either L2: 3.7x (84%) LSAT: 160

Perhaps they are late but the recent wave of acceptances makes me think otherwise. Praying for another round in Apil.

23 minutes ago, Husns said:

Perhaps they are late but the recent wave of acceptances makes me think otherwise. Praying for another round in Apil.

There is usually one at the end of April and one in mid-May.

3 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

There is usually one at the end of April and one in mid-May.

Yes that is true. However, with this pandemic things may take a different route. In the past there were more waves before April 1st than there were this year. Hopefully they will have a few more waves before May. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lawguy1 said:

Yes that is true. However, with this pandemic things may take a different route. In the past there were more waves before April 1st than there were this year. Hopefully they will have a few more waves before May. 

That is very true! The best case scenario (maybe we should all choose to believe the best case scenario...) is that there is a backlog and we can't compare this year to others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

I'm very surprised you haven't heard anything. Your stats are incredible. I imagine there was nothing wrong with your PS, was it tailored to Queen's?

I'm worried I won't be considered once my Winter grades come back now, if you haven't been accepted yet! I have similar stats (once grades come in): 3.5cGPA, 3.9 L2, 164 LSAT.

I did tailor it to Queens, but maybe not well enough? At this point I'm convinced there must be something wrong, even though I've re-read it and can't find anything, and even had a several law student friends of mine read it over too. Idk. I must have messed it up somehow. 

Admissions this year didn't start until 3-4 weeks after they've started in previous years, so that could indicate they were behind schedule since day one. Plus the COVID stuff.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Quite a few people have been admitted after their winter grades came in in past years. Since this admission cycle seems to be a bit slower, I'd assume that would still be the case

I was looking at old acceptance threads and noticed an odd trend.. it seems after the initial wave of April acceptances people with higher stats start getting in. It's weird, like the acceptances are reversed. Maybe those people with higher stats and perceived lower softs are deprioritized until the others reject/accept their place?

1 hour ago, Husns said:

I was looking at old acceptance threads and noticed an odd trend.. it seems after the initial wave of April acceptances people with higher stats start getting in. It's weird, like the acceptances are reversed. Maybe those people with higher stats and perceived lower softs are deprioritized until the others reject/accept their place?

It might also be that they were waiting for their B2 from that semester, and they only became available in April 

1 hour ago, strugglingSFUgal said:

It might also be that they were waiting for their B2 from that semester, and they only became available in April 

Speaking of which, do you know when your grades will be finalized and released for this semester? I've talked to my profs, and with the delays caused by the virus, they are saying that they probably won't be uploaded until the third or fourth week of April. I'm worried that may be too late.

2 hours ago, strugglingSFUgal said:

hahaha unfortunately my grades are all in and I've been done school for a while :( sigh I wish I knew why Im not getting accepted

1 hour ago, capitalttruth said:

Speaking of which, do you know when your grades will be finalized and released for this semester? I've talked to my profs, and with the delays caused by the virus, they are saying that they probably won't be uploaded until the third or fourth week of April. I'm worried that may be too late.

I think mine will be uploaded by the 24th, but that's just a guess! So far admin has been pretty quick with finalizing grades that have already been uploaded by profs, but I don't finish exams until the 16th. I don't think that's too late, because usually when people get their grades in other years, they get them around the same time and still have to send them by mail, so realistically they aren't able to assess the new file until May. I think it'll be same situation for us, and maybe even a bit more wiggle room because not as many waves have gone out now as in previous years. 

Your stats are fantastic after this semester @capitalttruth, your time is coming!! 

2 minutes ago, Husns said:

hahaha unfortunately my grades are all in and I've been done school for a while :( sigh I wish I knew why Im not getting accepted

Your stats are below the medians for both GPA and LSAT, so it's not unusual that you haven't heard back yet - doesn't mean you for sure won't get in, I just wouldn't be worried about why you haven't been accepted yet for Queens. Hopefully you hear in the next wave! 

8 minutes ago, strugglingSFUgal said:

Your stats are below the medians for both GPA and LSAT, so it's not unusual that you haven't heard back yet - doesn't mean you for sure won't get in, I just wouldn't be worried about why you haven't been accepted yet for Queens. Hopefully you hear in the next wave! 

My LSAT is 163 and B2 GPA is 3.67 and I've seen many others with lower stats get in 

13 minutes ago, Husns said:

My LSAT is 163 and B2 GPA is 3.67 and I've seen many others with lower stats get in 

Oh oops I missed that your LSAT is 163, my bad! I think you'll be in soon then. Admissions are so hard to predict. It seems like there are a lot of people with great stats who haven't been admitted yet... idk what's going on there!

Edited by strugglingSFUgal

Has anyone heard anything recently? Hoping for another wave after offers expire for those accepted in early April. 

1 hour ago, Husns said:

Has anyone heard anything recently? Hoping for another wave after offers expire for those accepted in early April. 

Nothing. The last waves acceptances expired April 17th... Hoping there will be another wave soon as well. 

1 minute ago, Lawguy1 said:

Nothing. The last waves acceptances expired April 17th... Hoping there will be another wave soon as well. 

I compared with last year and usually there was a wave the week following the previous wave's acceptance deadline, so I'm hoping this or next week!

My bi-weekly diaspointment comes again as more people are accepted.. ughh this wait is absolute hell. I can't wait another two weeks.

• Sad 1