daniellemree

Rejected Calgary 2020

56 minutes ago, lawyer123 said:

Sorry to hear that, have you got into any other schools?

Yep, got into UofA last week and I'm waiting on UVic. My L2 was a 3.3 on Alberta's scale I think.

• Like 1

Got the email yesterday.

Wouldn't have accepted, got into an Ontario school and I'm an Ontario resident.

CGPA: 3.3

LSAT: 157

Masters degree (CGPA 3.9), strong refs, decent ECs

Rejected yesterday via email

Ontario resident, honours BA in USA

cGPA: 3.9

L2: 4.0

LSAT: 159 

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, ryliew1997 said:

How come?

On 3/4/2020 at 11:10 AM, mcm2020 said:

Got the email yesterday.

Wouldn't have accepted, got into an Ontario school and I'm an Ontario resident.

CGPA: 3.3

LSAT: 157

Masters degree (CGPA 3.9), strong refs, decent ECs

Yikes, I have similar stats except I have a 3.6. But I thought having an MSc might put me over the edge. This is scary. 

1 hour ago, ryliew1997 said:

This is very surprising.

• Confused 1

Got the email today.

L2: 3.0/3.1 

LSAT: 162

Pretty good ECs and I think decent references. Applied discretionary as I had one terrible semester due to health reasons that dropped my L2 GPA down from a 3.5. A bit bummed out as this is the first school I have heard from but I expected it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Regalcorp said:

Got the email today.

Pretty good ECs and I think decent references. Applied discretionary as I had one terrible semester due to health reasons that dropped my L2 GPA down from a 3.5. A bit bummed out as this is the first school I have heard from but I expected it.

Sorry to hear :( but those are really solid stats and no doubt you'll get in elsewhere! 

Got rejected this morning. 

Good luck to everyone. 

20 minutes ago, RJar said:

Got rejected this morning. 

Good luck to everyone. 

When was your application complete? Expecting mine any day now, lmao 

1 minute ago, blackcatsab said:

When was your application complete? Expecting mine any day now, lmao 

Pretty sure they rejected me before my application was complete and just waited for the missing LOR to send me the email LOL. 

For reference the application was completed Feb 28 2020.

• Sad 1

On 3/10/2020 at 5:50 PM, Regalcorp said:

Got the email today.

To be clear: there is absolutely no such category as "discretionary" at the U of C. There is only one category (regular) within which you can self-identify as aboriginal. That's it.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 6:05 PM, HoFChaos said:

To be clear: there is absolutely no such category as "discretionary" at the U of C. There is only one category (regular) within which you can self-identify as aboriginal. That's it.

I don't know whether to be impressed at your determination to battle this myth for over 10 years, or disappointed that it still persists despite your efforts! ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/11/2020 at 6:05 PM, HoFChaos said:

My apologies, the applications seem to run together this far in. Then I applied in the regular category and provided documentation requesting that my health issues be factored into the decision. 

My friend got a rejection just now but she doesn't have an account to post. Her stats were L2 3.8 and 150 LSAT. Great references and ECs too. Notified via email and her application was complete in Feb. 

Still waiting on mine.

Got the e-mail about two weeks ago and forgot to post.

L2: 3.831

LSAT: 166 (2 writes - 158, 166)

A bit of a bummer, but to be expected as my second reference submitted very late. Good luck to anyone out there still waiting!

1 hour ago, iamcold said:

Got the e-mail about two weeks ago and forgot to post.

L2: 3.831

LSAT: 166 (2 writes - 158, 166)

A bit of a bummer, but to be expected as my second reference submitted very late. Good luck to anyone out there still waiting!

your stats seems very solid so it is suprising that you didn't get accepted.  But I am confident you will get in some other schools. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lawyer123 said:

your stats seems very solid so it is suprising that you didn't get accepted.  But I am confident you will get in some other schools. 

Thanks! Calgary was actually the last to get back to me, so it definitely helped that I had gotten into other ones before that. :) I understand that their admissions process is pretty holistic, which is great but didn't quite work out my way. Such is life!

In case it's of any use for you folks: ECs included undergrad journal editing, conference organizing, and peer tutoring + 2 years of post-graduation work.

Edited by iamcold
  • Like 1