27 minutes ago, chapice said:

Based on the stats of those who have been accepted so far, I can tell PS doesn't count at all 

I wouldn't say the PS is totaly meaningless. @aziv said he received an offer with an index below 91.7. 

15 minutes ago, Astro said:

I wouldn't say the PS is totaly meaningless. @aziv said he received an offer with an index below 91.7. 

I think people who have been waitlisted have lower index than his.

1 hour ago, chapice said:

I think that means you'll get in. Otherwise they would tell you that you're waitlisted.

Here's to hoping! Thanks for the optimism :)

1 hour ago, Austin said:

FWIW, I emailed today asking about the status of my application. They said I should hear back within a "couple of weeks." I applied late November with an 87% GPA and 163 LSAT

Those are fantastic stats! Is your GPA w/drops confirmed? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Astro said:

Those are fantastic stats! Is your GPA w/drops confirmed? 

With drops - I'm a UBC undergrad so I just removed the drop credits from my transcript and calculated the average.

17 minutes ago, Austin said:

With drops - I'm a UBC undergrad so I just removed the drop credits from my transcript and calculated the average.

In that case, you should definitely be in soon! Good luck! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chapice said:

She* and yes! I think the PS matters for the people who are not clear auto-admits. Fingers crossed for you! Keep faith! 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 5:37 PM, aziv said:

She* and yes! I think the PS matters for the people who are not clear auto-admits. Fingers crossed for you! Keep faith! 

Thank you for your kindness.

Do you guys think the admissions office has started reading PS of those waitlisted? I don't think so. I suppose the offers they have sent out are all based on stats/index.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chapice said:

Do you guys think the admissions office has started reading PS of those waitlisted? I don't think so. I suppose the offers they have sent out are all based on stats/index.

I don't think this is the case.  It is definitely true that everyone in the first round got in purely based on stats, but after that it seems like PS was definitely taken into consideration.  I know someone with a 93 index that still hasn't heard back yet, so if stats were the only thing considered he would have gotten an offer long ago.

• Like 3

On 4/2/2020 at 3:29 PM, chapice said:

91.0 index here. Hoping PS actually matters..

• Like 3

For anyone wondering if PS matters I feel like I need to repeat this:

57 minutes ago, meandtheboys said:

I know someone with a 93 index that still hasn't heard back yet, so if stats were the only thing considered he would have gotten an offer long ago.

PS definitely matters.  If stats were the only consideration, all of you with a 91 index or something similar would have gotten rejected already.  The fact that you guys are still waiting to hear back means they looked at the only thing outside your stats - your PS - and thought it was good enough for you to remain somewhat competitive overall.  Likewise, the PS for the 93 index person must have been bad to the point of making him not an auto-admit.  I know how stressful this wait is for many of you, but at this point there is nothing you can do but wait.  I'm sincerely hoping that all of you guys still waiting can get in.

• Like 2

Just now, meandtheboys said:

For anyone wondering if PS matters I feel like I need to repeat this:

PS definitely matters.  If stats were the only consideration, all of you with a 91 index or something similar would have gotten rejected already.  

That's not a fair assumption to make. UBC, and most Canadian schools, typically wait until the class is full before sending any rejections.  That doesn't imply you are still being considered, just that they haven't bothered to run the mass reject script. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Turtles said:

That's not a fair assumption to make. UBC, and most Canadian schools, typically wait until the class is full before sending any rejections.  That doesn't imply you are still being considered, just that they haven't bothered to run the mass reject script. 

AGREE 100%!!!

Edited by chapice
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chapice said:

I don’t think so, I was told they would tell me where I stand after they review my profile. I had asked for an update last week and was told that I would be waitlisted (for reference my index is - a self calculated 91.4) 

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

For what it's worth, I just called Allard and they said they have read my personal statement and that it bumped up my position in the waitlist. So yes, they do read! :)

Edit: Approximately 91 index!

Edited by lmnv3
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, lmnv3 said:

Hi guys,

For what it's worth, I just called Allard and they said they have read my personal statement and that it bumped up my position in the waitlist. So yes, they do read! :)

Thank you!

So they have already ranked the waitlist?

2 minutes ago, chapice said:

Thank you!

So they have already ranked the waitlist?

They never said specifically that they have ranked it but they did say I'm "fairly high" up on it and that my personal statement "bumped me up." So maybe they do have a tentative ranking? 

58 minutes ago, lmnv3 said:

Hi guys,

I just called them after seeing your comments. But sadly the person told me I am among those whose waitlist ranking got lowered after they read my personal statement 😢 He also told me they usually have a waitlist size of 200 and top 50 will likely get in. However, another sad news for me is that he told me I am currently in the top 100, so the chance of me getting in is getting slim.

2 minutes ago, NormanFetus said:

I just called them after seeing your comments. But sadly the person told me I am among those whose waitlist ranking got lowered after they read my personal statement 😢 He also told me they usually have a waitlist size of 200 and top 50 will likely get in. However, another sad news for me is that he told me I am currently in the top 100, so the chance of me getting in is getting slim.

I was told I have been waitlisted but it is unranked until June, so I don't know where I stand... but still beats a rejection for now.