Sign in to follow this  
J98

Chances? [cGPA: 3.71; B2: 3.81; LSAT 153]

Any insight into my chances would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance. 

cGPA: 3.71 (OLSAS calculated) 

B2: 3.81 

LSAT: 153 

Solid personal statement and a decent Sask connection--not as strong a Sask connection as some I've seen on these forums, but a connection nonetheless. 

I believe U of S uses a 4.33 scale (whereas OLSAS is 4.0). You may want to see if you can recalculate your B2 on that basis to maybe get a slightly better assessment in comparison to people from last year. (For me that increased my B2 by 0.11 points.

Either way, with 153 I think you may be in for a long wait. I am not enough of an expert to give a confident assessment. I am going to guess ballpark 20-40% chance, but not zero. Again, I do think that pinpointing the B2 on a 4.33 basis could help refine a prediction from a more expert user. :)

All the best!

-GM

51 minutes ago, GrumpyMountie said:

I believe U of S uses a 4.33 scale (whereas OLSAS is 4.0). You may want to see if you can recalculate your B2 on that basis to maybe get a slightly better assessment in comparison to people from last year. (For me that increased my B2 by 0.11 points.

Either way, with 153 I think you may be in for a long wait. I am not enough of an expert to give a confident assessment. I am going to guess ballpark 20-40% chance, but not zero. Again, I do think that pinpointing the B2 on a 4.33 basis could help refine a prediction from a more expert user. :)

All the best!

-GM

Thanks for the feedback, GM! I'll look into that 4.0-4.33 GPA conversion. I'm hoping that my relatively higher B2 can offset the lower LSAT but, of course, we'll see what ends up happening as the waiting process continues. Thanks again! 

Sorry, I don't mean to highjack this thread, but I'm curious about what my chances might be as well.

B2 (on 4.3 scale): 4.0

LSAT: 157

As strong of an SK connection as they come. Have lived in the province my entire life, completed my undergrad at U of S, father is U of S dentistry grad.

I'm a bit worried about my LSAT scores, as I wrote in November and got 157 (not great, but not terrible). And then decided to rewrite in January and totally bombed it with a 150. I know they take your highest LSAT score at U of S (and most other schools), but I can't help but worry about that flop.

Edited by CoffeeBubly

I think that your chances are really good Coffee. Very strong GPA and you have a competitive LSAT for the school. The connections will look very good as well.

I doubt that they will give any thought to the flip flop in LSAT score considering the quality of your application and the fact that they only consider your best score.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Just wondering what you think my chances are for this upcoming year?

LSAT: 156 (best)

B2: 79.5% (hopefully 80 by the time I finish out this semester of my third year)

Strong Sask connection: I have lived here my entire life, my dad attended Usask med school and is a part time lecturer.