TigerWoods

McGill Law: Still Waiting for an answer

This thread is for the applicants that are still waiting for an admissions answer for Fall 2020 from McGill School of Law in the JD/BCL Program.

Still Waiting on an answer, CGPA 3.73 w/ a B.A. from McGill, no LSAT
Solid/decent work experience and extra-c & at least one very solid recommendation (haven't read the second)

Edited by Tae618

39 minutes ago, Dashing995 said:

Does anyone know when rejections are usually sent out? 

"Admissions offers are extended and will continue to be made on an ongoing basis until the end of June". 

Usually, I believe that offers are sent out first, then McGill selects candidates to be waitlisted, and then finally sends out rejections at the end, though I don't know when that is exactly. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dashing995 said:

Does anyone know when rejections are usually sent out? 

some candidates have already received rejection letters. at this point of the process you could either be accepted or rejected and I think the waitlist starts in april

• Like 1

Thanks! I am also wondering if it is common for McGill Law to call an unnamed referee? They called a colleague of mine who applied to a different faculty because our CVs had similar organizations and years. They asked about my involvement, interests, character and language skills. Is this a good or bad sign? 

Edited by Dashing995

1 minute ago, Dashing995 said:

Thanks! I am also wondering if it is common for McGill Law to call an unnamed referee? They called a colleague of mine who applied to a different faculty because our CVs had similar organizations and years. They asked about my involvement, interests, character and language skills.

i have absolutely no idea about that, i didn't even know that was part of the procedure. was your colleague listed as a reference in your cv?

I was rejected from McGill around June last year. I re-applied and still haven't heard anything. I think unfortunately there is still a lot of uncertainty and waiting to do. It's not necessarily true that the wait list decisively begins in April. 

7 minutes ago, changeofplans said:

i have absolutely no idea about that, i didn't even know that was part of the procedure. was your colleague listed as a reference in your cv?

She was not listed so we were both surprised they called her. She even asked how they got her contact and they said our CVs matched and they wanted to learn more about me; especially since we have worked together on quite a few things.

28 minutes ago, Dashing995 said:

She was not listed so we were both surprised they called her. She even asked how they got her contact and they said our CVs matched and they wanted to learn more about me; especially since we have worked together on quite a few things.

oooof honestly i'd be a little creeped out! but at least that means they're interested in you! :) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Husns said:

It's not necessarily true that the wait list decisively begins in April. 

that's the information on the website in the deadline calendar 

Just now, changeofplans said:

that's the information on the website in the deadline calendar 

Agreed! It begins in April but that doesn't mean all rejections are out by then.

• Thanks 1

From the McGill website under April-June: 

You may be called for an interview (CEGEP, Mature, and Advanced Standing candidates)

First offers to CEGEP candidates extended

Start of Waitlist

End of law academic year

Most decisions will be made by late May-June

So in other words if you're just an undergrad student applying, this is around the time where I should start to be concerned with my chances of getting in without a waitlist?

Do they consider mature students later in the process? I really wonder what the percentage of the class that has been decided is at this point