Sign in to follow this  
AmberStJ

Scholarships

I am just wondering about scholarships whether entrance scholarships or otherwise, would you be informed of those with your offer letter of admission or at another time? For schools such as Queen's and Osgoode. 

Thanks! 

For Osgoode, I can’t say for sure but I know the $10k renewable ones are highly competitive (I.e, typically a minimum 3.9, 163). It’s variable depending on the incoming class statistics and is given to those with the highest ones. Other scholarships are also awarded to top students but some are regional awards and so they’re given to a student from specific regions with the highest statistics. 

5 hours ago, LeoandCharlie said:

For Osgoode, I can’t say for sure but I know the $10k renewable ones are highly competitive (I.e, typically a minimum 3.9, 163). It’s variable depending on the incoming class statistics and is given to those with the highest ones. Other scholarships are also awarded to top students but some are regional awards and so they’re given to a student from specific regions with the highest statistics. 

Ok thanks for the info! My stats are 3.72 cgpa, 165 lsat. Do you think this might qualify for a lower end scholarship? (I was assuming I wasn’t getting anything so anything at all would be a nice bonus for me). 

5 hours ago, LeoandCharlie said:

Man, Osgoode needs to step up those top scholarship amounts. They haven't changed in 12, or more, years while tuition certainly has.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 1:33 PM, Lawstudent97 said:

Ok thanks for the info! My stats are 3.72 cgpa, 165 lsat. Do you think this might qualify for a lower end scholarship? (I was assuming I wasn’t getting anything so anything at all would be a nice bonus for me). 

You may qualify for a lower one but again it will be highly variable on the incoming class. From acceptances I’ve seen in the acceptance thread there’s others with better stats who may be offered the lower ones should they choose to accept. 

I think it’s best to assume as you are and be presently surprised. I found out about my scholarship in June and was pleasantly surprised. Good luck!