Jump to content
changeofplans

University applicants

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, positivelylawstreet said:

Do you guys know if they started sending out refusal letters?

There have been none reported here as yet, but it was at this time last year that the first reported refusal/rejection came in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the first refusal reported here in february 2019 was a uni applicant who had only completed 2 years of undergrad (in which case, one would have to be a truly exceptional candidate to be admitted) which is probably why they were rejected so early in the cycle. The next ones were reported in May.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, YesNoToaster said:

This forum seems a bit quiet lately. Is it safe to assume that most of the offers are out yet? 

The january LSAT scores just got out so I'm thinking there will be another wave after the files are updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, changeofplans said:

The january LSAT scores just got out so I'm thinking there will be another wave after the files are updated

Possibly, but the admissions page mentioned something along the lines of applicants taking the LSAT after the application deadline will be at a disadvantage. So is there much hope, especially for those who haven’t taken the LSAT? I’ve taken the LSAT and I have a good GPA, but I’m still worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LawHopeful2020 said:

Possibly, but the admissions page mentioned something along the lines of applicants taking the LSAT after the application deadline will be at a disadvantage. So is there much hope, especially for those who haven’t taken the LSAT? I’ve taken the LSAT and I have a good GPA, but I’m still worried.

yeah, i don't know. Have you applied elsewhere? I already started focusing more on the other school I applied to as now I feel like I have very minimal chances of getting into mcgill!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

57 minutes ago, changeofplans said:

yeah, i don't know. Have you applied elsewhere? I already started focusing more on the other school I applied to as now I feel like I have very minimal chances of getting into mcgill!

I have applied elsewhere, but McGill has always been a dream of mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, positivelylawstreet said:

If the application says “ready for review” but there are also “upload new versions” links still appearing, is that normal? 

Mine says the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, positivelylawstreet said:

If the application says “ready for review” but there are also “upload new versions” links still appearing, is that normal? 

i've had upload new for the transcript and CV since the start of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does McGill send out mass offers of admission or on a rolling basis? also, when do you think the next wave of offers will be? :o

Edited by herpsderps123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, herpsderps123 said:

Does McGill send out mass offers of admission or on a rolling basis? also, when do you think the next wave of offers will be? :o

I believe it's a rolling basis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, herpsderps123 said:

Does McGill send out mass offers of admission or on a rolling basis? also, when do you think the next wave of offers will be? :o

It is on a rolling basis but I believe there are periods when more get sent out.  I'm expecting that after the deadline for accepting the first round of offer passes, there will be more offers sent out as spaces free up from people declined the admission offer.  Some folks will obviously decline before the deadline, but someone who attended the welcome day earlier this month said there were quite a few folks in attendance who hadn't yet decided. 

This is obviously just what I'm expecting, if anyone has more info please share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Officially received a letter of refusal from McGill today! Relieved I got a rejection so early on in the game. Good luck to you all, hang in there :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stargirl666 said:

Officially received a letter of refusal from McGill today! Relieved I got a rejection so early on in the game. Good luck to you all, hang in there :)

So sorry you got refused! :( do you mind sharing your stats? Did you apply elsewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, changeofplans said:

So sorry you got refused! :( do you mind sharing your stats? Did you apply elsewhere?

My application was a long shot to begin with, I applied in the EC category and had completed my undergrad at McGill with a 3.34cGPA, no LSAT, Quebec resident. I'll be going back to school to complete a second undergrad and will be applying again and to other civil law schools with a hopefully much better cGPA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stargirl666 said:

My application was a long shot to begin with, I applied in the EC category and had completed my undergrad at McGill with a 3.34cGPA, no LSAT, Quebec resident. I'll be going back to school to complete a second undergrad and will be applying again and to other civil law schools with a hopefully much better cGPA.

Good luck! 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stargirl666 said:

My application was a long shot to begin with, I applied in the EC category and had completed my undergrad at McGill with a 3.34cGPA, no LSAT, Quebec resident. I'll be going back to school to complete a second undergrad and will be applying again and to other civil law schools with a hopefully much better cGPA.

Don't give up! If you are french mother tongue you can do a law cert. at UdeM and get bridged into their civil law program I've heard! Bonne chance!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 11:45 AM, positivelylawstreet said:

The forum has been quite for a while. Do you guys know if there have been more than one refusal letters already? Or any other info that might help?

I have a friend who received a refusal letter on March 2nd. Other than that no idea, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...