Bubbless

French Common Law JD

On 5/1/2020 at 9:47 AM, GirlLost said:

Accepted this morning! Both JD and Programme de droit canadien. Second time applying.

3.2 cgpa

Average EC, excellent PS (I believe), letters from prof/MP.

Don't give up!!!

Congratulations! I'm a former PDC student, now a practicing lawyer. Made me happy to see this. 

Also congrats to all those that have been accepted!

Edited by elvisthemonger
  • Like 2

I will be accepting the offer for the PDC! Anyone else with me? I would love to create a facebook chat and get to know my cohort :)

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

I will be accepting the offer for the PDC! Anyone else with me? I would love to create a facebook chat and get to know my cohort :)

If I get in I’d love to join the chat! 
All this waiting is making me really nervous!

4 minutes ago, Curious1 said:

If I get in I’d love to join the chat! 
All this waiting is making me really nervous!

Don’t worry you got this 💪 If it can happen for me it can happen for anyone!

Just got admitted to PDC, PCLF and the dual program with the US today. Not sure which one I will be accepting yet... 

It was my first time applying, my CGPA is 3.9, reference letter from a law firm I interned for in Ottawa and from a professor, work experience in law enforcement for 2 years. Good personal statement I believe but nothing extraordinary. 

If you guys create a group for PDC and I end up accepting the offer I’d love to join! :) Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! 

• Like 4

Just got rejected.

CGPA: 3.01

Category: General but with Special Circumstances

Letters from two of my profs, excellent EC's (in my opinion)

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Bubbless said:

Just got rejected.

CGPA: 3.01

Category: General but with Special Circumstances

Letters from two of my profs, excellent EC's (in my opinion)

I’m sorry to hear that... I hope you still have a chance to get into law school this year.

5 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I’m sorry to hear that... I hope you still have a chance to get into law school this year.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it :)  I think I'll use this year to work and take on extra classes to boost my GPA up for the next cycle. 

You can do it! 💪 I only had a 3.15 and got into the PDC and French JD,  so there is definitely hope.

• Thanks 1

Anyone from the PDC or French JD, I’m building my schedule for next year. There are some classes that are 6 credits running from septembre to april. They have 3 different sections available. Does anyone know if the sections need to match? For example, if I choose section B for the fall part of the class, do I also need to choose section B for the winter part of the class? Or are they independent? Thank you!

47 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Anyone from the PDC or French JD, I’m building my schedule for next year. There are some classes that are 6 credits running from septembre to april. They have 3 different sections available. Does anyone know if the sections need to match? For example, if I choose section B for the fall part of the class, do I also need to choose section B for the winter part of the class? Or are they independent? Thank you!

You have to take the same section in both fall and winter.

58 minutes ago, Isla said:

You have to take the same section in both fall and winter.

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Bubbless said:

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it :)  I think I'll use this year to work and take on extra classes to boost my GPA up for the next cycle. 

I'm also sorry to hear you didn't make it. Sounds like you have a good plan for moving forward though. If applying to multiple schools is an option for you the next time around, I strongly recommend doing so. When I was applying to law school (back in 2013) the results of my applications were a VERY mixed lot. Some schools that were widely seen as "better" offered me admission while some of the "lesser" schools rejected me. You just never know, and if you're on the line GPA-wise, it makes sense to try a few places. Obviously if that isn't an option for you then just do your best next time around and hopefully you'll have more luck.  

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, 

For those who have been accepted to the PDC

1. Has the faculty given you a date to accept your offer?

2. Has the faculty given you a date to register for courses?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, 77mtl said:

Hey guys, 

For those who have been accepted to the PDC

1. Has the faculty given you a date to accept your offer?

2. Has the faculty given you a date to register for courses?

Thanks!

1. May 22nd

2. June 18th

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elvisthemonger said:

I'm also sorry to hear you didn't make it. Sounds like you have a good plan for moving forward though. If applying to multiple schools is an option for you the next time around, I strongly recommend doing so. When I was applying to law school (back in 2013) the results of my applications were a VERY mixed lot. Some schools that were widely seen as "better" offered me admission while some of the "lesser" schools rejected me. You just never know, and if you're on the line GPA-wise, it makes sense to try a few places. Obviously if that isn't an option for you then just do your best next time around and hopefully you'll have more luck.  

Thank you very much for the advice! Will definitely take this opportunity to come back stronger for the next admission cycle :) 

1 hour ago, Curious1 said:

Hey everyone, it’s been quiet for a while. Does anyone have any updates?

Haven't heard anything.. I know some people have been waitlisted