koramayo

Chances 2020

Hello,  

My cGPA is 3.35 and my L2 is 3.78. My LSAT score is 154 and I'm scared that has ruined my chances of getting into law school for the Fall 2020 term.  What are my chances that I get into Windsor law?  I applied for both the JD and Dual JD at Windsor,  Ottawa, Osgoode, Western, and Queens. I got two academic references and a reference from the Syrian refugee organization that I worked with as both an RA and a general volunteer. I organized protests for Aleppo, Syria. I was a part of MUN both as a delegate and as a Critical Analyst. I also participated in Mock Trials/debates throughout my undergrad. I'm also currently doing my masters degree in political science. 

Edited by koramayo

3 minutes ago, koramayo said:

Hello,  

My cGPA is 3.35 and my L2 is 3.78. My LSAT score is 154 and I'm scared that has ruined my chances of getting into law school for the Fall 2020 term.  What are my chances that I get into Windsor law?  I applied for both the JD and Dual JD at Windsor,  Ottawa, Osgoode, Western, and Queens. I got two academic references and a reference from the Syrian refugee organization that I worked with as both an RA and a general volunteer. I organized protests for Aleppo, Syria. I was a part of MUN both as a delegate and as a Critical Analyst. I also participated in Mock Trials/debates throughout my undergrad. 

Chances aren’t high at Osgoode, Western or Queens. We have similar stats except my CGPA is a bit lower than yours and my LSAT is a bit higher. But Windsor is a possibility! 

12 minutes ago, lawgal17 said:

Chances aren’t high at Osgoode, Western or Queens. We have similar stats except my CGPA is a bit lower than yours and my LSAT is a bit higher. But Windsor is a possibility! 

Did you get into Windsor?? I'm so nervous. I've been checking everyday even though I'm pretty acceptances won't be coming out until a long time from now. 

Hey I think there's still a chance for Windsor and Ottawa! Until they have sent out rejections I think there's always a chance no matter how small! I agree with the previous post that Western/Queens may be out of reach due to LSAT and Ottawa is a cGPA school but who knows. Your softs look great! I have a lower LSAT than you but higher GPA and I'm nervous as well. Let's hope for the best! Good luck!!

1 minute ago, silverarrow77 said:

Hey I think there's still a chance for Windsor and Ottawa! Until they have sent out rejections I think there's always a chance no matter how small! I agree with the previous post that Western/Queens may be out of reach due to LSAT and Ottawa is a cGPA school but who knows. Your softs look great! I have a lower LSAT than you but higher GPA and I'm nervous as well. Let's hope for the best! Good luck!!

Thank you for the positivity I really really needed that! I hope you get into a good school! Good luck :) 

17 minutes ago, koramayo said:

Did you get into Windsor?? I'm so nervous. I've been checking everyday even though I'm pretty acceptances won't be coming out until a long time from now. 

I haven’t yet, but all my fingers are crossed haha I’ve been obsessively checking everyday too. Best of luck!! 

1 minute ago, lawgal17 said:

I haven’t yet, but all my fingers are crossed haha I’ve been obsessively checking everyday too. Best of luck!! 

Good luck to you too!! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, koramayo said:

Hello,  

My cGPA is 3.35 and my L2 is 3.78. My LSAT score is 154 and I'm scared that has ruined my chances of getting into law school for the Fall 2020 term.  What are my chances that I get into Windsor law?  I applied for both the JD and Dual JD at Windsor,  Ottawa, Osgoode, Western, and Queens. I got two academic references and a reference from the Syrian refugee organization that I worked with as both an RA and a general volunteer. I organized protests for Aleppo, Syria. I was a part of MUN both as a delegate and as a Critical Analyst. I also participated in Mock Trials/debates throughout my undergrad. I'm also currently doing my masters degree in political science. 

Will you go to Windsor Dual?

Windsor is very hard to predict. I applied last cycle with the exact same stats as you and was rejected. I suggest re-writing the LSAT - get above 160 and you'll have a decent shot at the schools your interested in! Good luck.

1 hour ago, curiouslegal said:

Windsor is very hard to predict. I applied last cycle with the exact same stats as you and was rejected. I suggest re-writing the LSAT - get above 160 and you'll have a decent shot at the schools your interested in! Good luck.

did  you cater your application towards social justice and have a masters degree? I'm hoping these things raise my chance.  

1 hour ago, Luckycharm said:

Why didn't you apply to Ryerson?

I was already applying to 5 schools/6 programs so I didn't apply to any other schools

2 minutes ago, koramayo said:

did  you cater your application towards social justice and have a masters degree? I'm hoping these things raise my chance.  

Yes my statement was catered towards social justice, but no I do not have a Master's! Hopefully that does it for you! I did however apply with a few years of work experience in a policy related field and 200 hours of volunteering for a non-profit related to social justice.