lawprospect2020

UofA 2020 Chances - 156 & 3.99

Hi all,

I wrote my one and only LSAT on January 13th and got a 156. My GPA is 3.99 (BBA in HR Management). However, I had major technical difficulties writing the written portion of the LSAT. I got technical issues 5 times in a row throughout January, and had to call PSI and LSAC every time. I was finally able to successfully complete the written portion yesterday (Feb 12th) and it was approved today. Does U of A care about the written portion - am I totally screwed?

I was accepted and I have not completed the LSAT writing section. It does not matter, especially this year since they have had so many technical difficulties with the transition to the digital format. 

I would say you are very likely to get accepted with those stats. 

As a little side note, you'll be able to see on LSAC (under "Law School Reports") when U of A has requested your result and when it was sent to them. It can be nice to know when that piece of the puzzle is done.

As others have said, you're in good shape to get in - congrats!

-GM

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrumpyMountie said:

As a little side note, you'll be able to see on LSAC (under "Law School Reports") when U of A has requested your result and when it was sent to them. It can be nice to know when that piece of the puzzle is done.

As others have said, you're in good shape to get in - congrats!

-GM

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this! I had no idea that was visible on LSAC.org. It definitely put my mind at ease a bit being able to see that the report was sent given that I wrote in January and had a heck of a time navigating the purchasing aspect of the registration back in November. 

Edited by libraryhabitue
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, TimTheEnchanter said:

Don’t worry - offers in the Regular category went up to mid-March last year. Your stats are firmly within last year’s applicant profile.

You're a gem - thanks man.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Absolument! J'ai travaillé dans deux gros cabinets à Montréal et on avait un certain nombre d'avocats qui n'avaient pas obtenus de stage par la Course et qui n'avaient pas oeuvré en grand cabinet pour débuter leur carrière. Ceci étant dit, tu peux avoir une super belle carrière sans pratiquer en grand cabinet. J'ai travaillé dans des petits cabinets aussi avec d'excellents avocats qui se sont bâtit de superbes pratiques et certains qui sont maintenant rendus juges.   Ceci répond très bien à ta question!
    • i really think it depends on the person- using 7sage alone did not give me that 'aha' moment that broke me into the 160s, while powerscore was able to. i agree that the naming culture is unnecessary for learners like us- its to powerscores benefit so they can trademark it and claim it as their own. regardless, the concepts explained in the weird names did me well. something i didnt like from bible was the double not arrow with the slash across the middle. other than that i think the logic content waspretty similar in both 7sage and powerscore? i liked how powerscore didn't put too much emphasis on logic.   jy's explanations are great and im not disagreeing on that. i met him in a real life course and was impressed by his intelligence. however i derived more point gains from LR bible because it aligned with myself well. like i mentioned above i was less engaged with 7sage. it's a personal preference and it really depends on the student. you're right, 7sage's most value comes from the video explanations and i definitely received a lot of benefits from it. their review methods are not exclusive to them but the BR method? fantastic. foolproofing? awesome. i havent tried lsathacks but they seem pretty well attested to as well.    i'm on pt78, planning on finishing the rest by the march exam date. i started from pt 60. after the bible brought me my first 160, i reviewed my wrong answers by myself and supplemented 7sage's LR explanation videos for all the questions and now i score consistently in the mid-high160s with a few 170s. i think i can break 170 consistently but its not a score i need. again i think the best combination of lsat material is powerscore + 7sage, with equal credits to both!
    • Just for further clarification, session in this case means 'semester', right?
    • That's a pretty good sign to go with your gut. Trust me, no one will look down on you for choosing McGill over UofT. 
    • If accepted it will be off of the waitlist