Sign in to follow this  
Yinzi

Chances? LSAT 165; WES GPA 3.76 & 3.93(master's)

Hey guys,

I know it's possible some applicants with my LSAT and GPA can be admitted,  but I guess my condition is a bit 'special '. 

I am a permanent resident but got my BA and MA degrees outside Canada.  I have nearly three years of working experience as a journalist in my home country. So I guess my softs is OK.

I took a gap year since 2019 March, have a part-time job. 

My questions: 

1) Does the U of T will consider a Master's GPA? 

2) Do you think the U of T will discriminate against applicants who did not study in Canada? 

3) Is it possible that my non-legal work experience can make up for my mediocre LSAT and undergraduate GPA?

4)Will the gap year put me in disadvantage? 

Thanks! 

If someone else knows better than me, correct me if I'm wrong. This is what I think, though: 

1) Your undergraduate GPA will be what they look at, while your Master's degree is more of a soft.

2) All else being equal, I don't think they would care whether you studied internationally or domestically. 

3) Your LSAT and GPA are just a shade below the UofT medians so you're not at much of a disadvantage. It's possible that your work experience will interest them, but it's tough to say that it'll outweigh our LSAT/GPA if you're in competition with someone with better numbers.

4) No.

6 hours ago, masterofnut said:

If someone else knows better than me, correct me if I'm wrong. This is what I think, though: 

1) Your undergraduate GPA will be what they look at, while your Master's degree is more of a soft.

2) All else being equal, I don't think they would care whether you studied internationally or domestically. 

3) Your LSAT and GPA are just a shade below the UofT medians so you're not at much of a disadvantage. It's possible that your work experience will interest them, but it's tough to say that it'll outweigh our LSAT/GPA if you're in competition with someone with better numbers.

4) No.

Thank you! It's very helpful.

I just counted my B3 GPA, it's 3.81. But I don't think a slight rise can make a big difference....> < 

28 minutes ago, Yinzi said:

Thank you! It's very helpful.

I just counted my B3 GPA, it's 3.81. But I don't think a slight rise can make a big difference....> < 

yes it does

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this